Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

We Saw The Queen

So much for not having too much hair maintenance this morning. I was very tired last night and never ended up blow-drying my hair. So I woke up with a really wild rat's nest on top of my head this morning. I had to wet my hair just so I could blow-dry it, then I had to iron it. I managed to get that done along with feeding and readying the boys.

I dropped them off and when I arrived at work my coffee angel had an FVC and a toasted blueberry bagel sitting on my desk waiting for me. Sweeeeet. I had picked up a couple boxes of green tea bags and put one in Kelly's work mailbox.

Work was very busy. Two other program assistants are away on vacation, and usually they cover each other's duties when one of them is away. So with both of them away, I covered a bunch of extra stuff. But it went well, though very quickly! My poor desk is a disaster area. I vow to get through the clutter and clear it tomorrow and try to get back into my new organized ways again!

After work and picking up the boys and Chris coming home, I made supper. I had some walleye fillets in the freezer so I lightly breaded them and pan-fried them in butter. I forgot I was out of potatoes so I made rice. The boys pretty much ate it up and there were no leftovers.

Kelly and I went to the theatre tonight to watch "The Queen". We walked. It's cold out. I don't get how the wind was in my face both on the way there and on the way back. But it was very crisp and refreshing! I look forward to getting out walking more, preferably once the weather gets better.

We both enjoyed the movie and the walk home. I'm contemplating staying up to watch "ER" in the second showing but it doesn't start until midnight. I don't think I'm going to make it. Especially after all that very fresh air.

When I came home, I sneaked into Carter's room and kissed his forehead. I whispered "I love you" and even in his deep sleep, his little head turned and in a tiny voice he whispered "I love you too". That rocks. I wanted to scoop him up in my arms and give him a good squish. Cooper is sleeping too but he's really roaming around his bed. As much as I'd love a cuddle, I don't dare go near him for fear of waking him and having him up all night. I'm so thankful both boys have been sleeping through the night since I've been back at work. The routine is starting to settle in and I'm loving it. But I'm so tired that I have to go to bed earlier...not as much late-night scrapping going on; I have to squeeze as much in as I can after the boys go to bed and before I get too tired!

Tomorrow is Friday...yay!

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Can't wait to see that film myself. Isn't wonderful what Carter did....enjoy the cuddles and love my friend. Have a wonderful weekend!

Friday, February 16, 2007 3:34:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Hey there, girl. Having trouble (yes, again) with the laptop. I'm ready to hurl. . .it. . .not me!

Love your description of the day - but walking to the movie seemed insane. BRRRRRR. . . or should I say BTTTTTT?!!?

Miss talking to you....

Friday, February 16, 2007 7:17:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home