Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Fasten Your Seatbelts

It's going to be a long trip down memory lane all the way back to Thursday!

Thursday morning was a snowy one but the snow removal crews must have been hard at work all night. Chris said the highway was bare but wet. Kelly presented me with my Thursday morning bagel and FVC from Tim Horton's and I apprised her of the roads situation since she had to travel on the highway too.

Mom and Dad arrived home so I went there after work with the boys to see them. I had intended to get there before they did and supply them with new milk and bread and have the furnace lit, but they got back sooner than I expected. We had a little visit and went home. Thursday night I watched most of Earl and ER and even squeezed in some CSI.

Friday was a day off for me. My babysitter needed to take the day off so I did too. Of course that didn't mean I got to sleep in. The boys are obviously adapting to our usual schedule and were up bright and early. (Well, DARK and early since the sun wasn't even up yet!) Cooper's eyes were kind of goopy when he got up; I was concerned he might have an eye infection.

We hung out and read stories and had breakfast and baths. My Dad came over to watch the boys so I could go out for lunch with Mom and Auntie Lurdes and Auntie Josie. The special rocked; it was an open-faced grilled chicken sandwich on garlic bread with Caesar dressing, bacon and melted cheese with a side salad. Yummmmm.

I did a little grocery shopping on the way home so I could make chili for supper before going to Bingo. I did make chili but never ended up eating any since I wasn't hungry yet. I did a run to Tim Horton's for tea and French Vanilla Cappucino for Kelly and me then went to pick her up. Unfortunately Bingo was unfruitful but of course we had fun anyway. I dropped her off and came home.

Saturday morning started out similarly to Friday. Cooper's eyes seemed better in the morning. By lunchtime both boys were napping. I capitalized on this rare occurrence and took a nap too. Sweeeeeeeeet sweet slumber. Chris came home and wanted to go fishing at my parents' house. Once we all got up from our naps Chris got Carter ready and headed out to Mom & Dad's. I packed a bunch of stuff and took Cooper there too. Cindy and family were all there and we hung out and visited.

We all decided to get pizza. We ordered Cheesy Bites pizza and it was goooood. Cooper's eye goop had started coming out green so I decided it was time for a trip to the doctor. After supper I took him to the ER, anticipating a long wait. We saw the screening nurse right away and were taken to a room after. Then came the waiting. Cooper explored his surroundings. We read a book (sort of) and he eventually fell asleep on me. I laid my coat out on the exam table and set him down and sat in a chair beside him.

The doctor came in and took one look at Cooper and determined he has Conjunctivitis (pinkeye). Two hours wasn't a bad waiting time. Way shorter than I expected. He prescribed some ointment for me to apply four times per day for five days. I figured that would be fun to wrestle him down and put the junk in his eyes. We stopped at Shopper's Drug Mart and I picked up the prescription. We headed home and I followed the doctor's instructions for applying the meds to his eyes. First I scrubbed the heck out of my hands, then cleaned his eyes with a warm cloth. I massaged the bridge of his nose (the doctor said this was necessary and very helpful since the duct between the eyes and nose needed to be massaged). Then I put a little glop of stuff in each eye. He was surprisingly very compliant and didn't even try to escape!

Both boys were up a bit late but went to sleep before I was ready to collapse. I tried to stay up to watch MAD TV and SNL but I zonked. I don't even remember which one I was watching before I fell asleep.

This morning I was awakened by Carter. I put his movie on in his room. I hoped to snooze a little more but Cooper got up too. I cuddled Cooper and miraculously he went back to sleep for a little while. He got up and I did the eye gunk thing. It's supposed to start working on day one so we'll see how he's doing a little later today. Chris got up early as usual and went fishing. At least it's not as windy today; hopefully it will be a good day. We're going to Mom & Dad's for supper again, this time for stew.

So we've had our breakfast and I've finally caught up on blogging so we're all ready to face the day now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Hey you!

Wow. . . thanks for the full update. I'm so sorry Cooper has pinkeye. Yuck.

We've had a full week. And the last members of our small group didn't leave the house until nearly midnight tonight. So, I won't be hopping on MSN.

Hopefully, tomorrow night will be a "HOME" night. I forgot about the bridal shower I had to attend this afternoon. OY.

Have a good Monday back at work. I'll try to send a "message" to you at work!

--ME

Sunday, February 25, 2007 11:03:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home