Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, February 19, 2007

Somebody Call the Waaaaambulance

Crikey we were busy again at the office today. We called in the girl that did my mat. leave to give us a hand but she was only available for the morning. But that helped greatly!

I took an early lunch so Donna wouldn't be alone at the most busy time and I went to register Carter for school this fall. Waaaaaaaaa. I finally finalized my decision to send him to the Catholic school. My nephews go there and the only reason I was thinking of putting him elsewhere is at other schools they do all day, every other day, but at the Catholic school they do half days, creating issues with transportation etc. Both my house and my babysitter's houses are too close for bus service, so if I take Carter to school in the a.m. then the problem comes when he's done school at 11:15.

BUT, if he goes to school in the p.m., I can take both boys to the sitter as usual in the morning, and take Carter to school during my lunch break. Then, if all goes well, my babysitter's son can walk Carter home with him and I can pick up both my boys at the sitter after work. Now that would rock. The school is talking about the possibility of the all-day thing too, so that could be worked out with the after school program.

Either way, MY BABY IS GOING TO SCHOOL THIS FALL!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaa. So work went well but the days fly by when we're short-staffed. They go quickly enough when we aren't!

I picked up the boys from the sitter and we came home. My sister, sweet angel that she is, brought me an awesome leftover lasagne that she had for supper last night for us for supper tonight. On the way home I picked up garlic bread to go with it. It was awesome.

Carter was very tired and a little cranky this evening. He didn't want to cuddle or talk or anything. He had napped for awhile on the way home. I need to check on him in a second, but last time I checked he was still awake. Thanks to the late nap, I'm sure.

Cooper was being funny. He runs around and tries climbing and goofs around. He's also very mischievous and gets into everything and I have to watch him like a hawk, moreso than I ever had to do with Carter. Cooper goes for electrical outlets, and anything with a cord. Oy. And he's constantly after my keyboard cord and quite often yanks the keyboard off my lap, or tries to wrap the cord around his head. Yikes! Time for a cordless keyboard...except he'll probably take off with the whole thing then!

We watched Heroes (well most of it) and I went on a Photoshop chat with the gals at DigiscrapDivas. Learned a couple new tricks and shared a couple of my own! Cooper got up but I managed to get him to settle after about a half an hour. I think he might have had a tummyache since he was so squirmy so I got him to take some gripe water and after awhile he was back to bed. I'm surprisingly still feeling awake but I'd better get to bed soon so I can get up early again tomorrow!


Blogger Angie said...

I wondered what you were up to last night. I went and worked out.

Then, off to the grocery store, and home in time to watch "Studio 60." (My guilty pleasure!)

And, I'm right there with you. . .my baby's heading to school in May, as well.


Tuesday, February 20, 2007 1:00:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen Hancock said... we will be in the same boat! Boy! you sure sound busy these days. OH and BTW what did your title have to do with the blog? I'm confused - but that says more about me than your blog Melly!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 8:38:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Lori said...

You'll survive the whole starting school thing.... he'll be loving it and you'll get over it in no time! I guess I'm different than most people, but I couldn't wait for my guys to go to school...

Friday, February 23, 2007 5:54:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home