Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, March 05, 2007

Blustery Be Gone!

It has been freaking cold and windy here for far too long. I could handle winter much more easily without the wind.

So today was a good one. No major conflicts, no head injuries. Gotta love it.

I got up this morning and seemed to have plenty of time to get everything done, even though I pressed snooze about three too many times. I got ready and made breakfast for the boys. Carter ate breakfast while Cooper was still asleep. Carter took a bath while Cooper ate breakfast. I got both of them dressed and ready and off to the sitter without any major hitches.

Carter is still trying to flex his attitude muscles, but I squelched any outbursts early before anything escalated into something hissy. Calm and quiet. It's working. Weird. Now Cooper is starting to act like a little monkey. He gets in Carter's face and goes after toys that Carter is playing with. I guess he's trying to get in some payback. So I'm trying to teach him a thing or two, and I think Carter likes that he's not the only one getting a talking-to!

Work went well, and very quickly. Kelly worked twelve hours last night but we talked this morning right after she got home and she still wanted to do lunch. I'd have dropped hours before that, but we decided instead of going out somewhere for lunch that I'd bring her Subway. We had a nice visit and ate our lunch.

I went back to work and had an equally quick afternoon. With Donna off this week, things will fly by because I have extra stuff to do.

I picked up the boys after work and we came home. Chris came home shortly after, and we had leftovers from Cindy's house from last night. That was easy, especially since I neglected (totally forgot) to take anything out of the freezer.

Tomorrow we'll have chicken I think, if I remember to take some out before bed or before work. This evening, I popped over to Kelly's to help her install some new computer software and she gave me a book to lend my Mom so I stopped in there too. Chris actually let me out of the house with no kids for a whole hour! haha.

I came home and we watched "Heroes"...still interesting but the plot has become so convoluted. And they aren't showing any new episodes until April 23rd. Saving the good stuff for May Sweeps I guess.

That's about it for now. It's just after ten but I'm ready to fold. Tomorrow is our team meeting at work - that always makes the morning fly by so it should be another quick day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Holy cow, that sounds like a wonderfully productive Monday. I wish mine would have been half that productive.

Of course, I did make a trip to the grocery store, and worked a long day. . .well, long for me. (5 hours!) Ah, part-time employment. There's nothing like it!

Monday, March 05, 2007 10:49:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the hardest time remembering to take food out of the freezer in the morning... thanks goodness for leftovers!

Monday, March 05, 2007 11:00:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home