Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Painted Teeth and a Double-Whammy

Okay, cut back to yesterday...both boys woke up with runny noses and coughs. Oy. Everything went pretty normally and I made it to work without any major issues. It's been a very busy, hectic week but the days are flying by. I picked up the boys about an hour early from the babysitter, since Cooper had an appointment for his 15-month immunizations. He barely made a sound...just a generally disgruntled yelp and he was fine. And it was a double too. Left arm Varicella, right leg Prevnar.

I took him back to my desk and got some more work done. Carter was tired and a bit grumpy, but I talked him into asking one of the dental girls to "paint his teeth". Surprisingly, he went with her and was a good little patient. Next it was Cooper's turn and he got the fluoride varnish on all eight of his teeth too with very little resistance from him. So it was one-stop shopping for all my health needs for the kids right at my office. Excellent! I managed to get all the rest of my work done for the day and surprisingly made it to closing time without any meltdowns.

We came home and I prepared an odd concoction that turned out quite delicious. Now, small disclaimer here...I've never cooked a lasagne before in my life, but I made a chicken lasagne-type-thing with oven ready lasagne noodles, hollandaise sauce, cheese and veggies. Everyone ate it. Next time I won't use those oven-ready noodles though; they weren't as tender as I'd hoped since they're so rigid when you put them in, and they don't get immersed in the sauce enough. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be making that again soon.

Last night the boys went to sleep at a fairly decent time, but did they stay sleeping? Nooooooooo. Fussy, whiny and cry-y. I mean, they had good reason, especially since Cooper had gotten two needles, but Carter just wasn't feeling well from his cold. It was rough. But everyone was a bit better this morning and I actually left the house a little earlier than the usual lately.

Today was pretty busy again, but good. I had lunch with a few of the girls...Kathy's birthday is coming up on the weekend so we celebrated today. After work I picked up the boys and went to see Chris at work (at his request since he locked himself out of his glad I'm not the only one that does that!) Then we came home. As soon as Chris got home from work I took off to Wal-Mart for baby wipes and milk. I added pizza pops and blueberry baby food to the list and still managed to come out of there UNDER twenty bucks! I was so proud of me!

I came home and Chris was at the dinner table feeding the boys. I relaxed for a bit; I'm soooo tired. I spent some more time scrapbooking. It took me forever to decide on how to finish this page but it's done and it turned out to be worth the extra effort including a couple computer crashes. You can click on the image to enlarge it and see details and credits.

I chatted with Angie while I scrapped, and we both caught up with Vicky and chatted for a bit. Angie's computer went wonky twice. I tried to ask her if it was having a stroke...a key stroke...but she was gone. My late night exhausted attempt at humour went unseen.

So that's it; I'm outta here. Tomorrow is Friday. Yay!


Blogger Vicky S. said...

Yayy! It was nice chatting with you tonight.

Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:59:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Honestly, I was so tired after the third "stroke," I didn't have it in me to re-boot again.

Sorry I bailed on you. It was a blast talking all night!

Love the LO, by the way. . .and, are you *sure* you want to expose your children to the nasty dangers of over fluoridation? LOL!

Probably won't be around much today or tomorrow. I'll find you when I can. I've always got the cell phone! Hee hee!

Friday, March 23, 2007 8:23:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen Hancock said...

Gorgeous Lo as the staggered title and the pp. Hope you caught up on some shut eye over the weekend.

Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:44:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home