Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Roof is Gone

First of all, a BIG Happy Fourth Birthday to Taya!

Well, fairly needless to say it was kind of a poopy week for me. I was cooped up all week. Chris helped me most days to still take the boys to the sitter so I could rest.

Thursday I went to Winnipeg with my sister to go for Mom's appointment to get her bone marrow results. Unfortunately they weren't all back yet so we don't have any definitive answers. But we asked a ton of questions and I now understand to the best of my knowledge what is going on. The doctor will phone with the remaining results then we'll proceed with the next phase of whatever.

Friday night Kelly and I went to Bingo. Booooooooo. No winners. I came home and Cooper started to fuss. He got up and I went to him and he was roasting. His temp was 39.6º. Poor baby. Second fever this weekend. He's had diarrhea for over a week. I figured he just had a tummy bug but add a fever and I don't mess around...I gave him some Tylenol and took him up to the hospital. Turns out he has a throat infection. Not strep, but poor kid! The doc didn't prescribe anything since he figured it would just worsen the diarrhea. I took him home and he cried and cried. Forrrrrrrrrevvvvvvvvver. We got home at 12:30 from the hospital and I finally got him to bed just before 3:30. Carter was in bed with Chris with the door shut due to Cooper's crying, so I went and crawled in the tent by myself. I had a good nap UNTIL FIVE when Cooper woke up crying again. I cuddled him for a minute but he was inconsolable again. He squirmed to the floor, curled up again and fell asleep. I didn't dare move him and I went back to sleep. Chris went to work at the usual time and the boys were kind enough to sleep in until 8:30.

Saturday Cooper had a much better day. I kept a close watch on his temperature. We went to Dora's house for supper. Chris went to play poker with the guys so he didn't go with us. We had a great dinner and visit with Mom and Dad and Cindy and her family.

Today was fun...it was Taya's birthday and we went to the bowling alley for the party. I left Cooper home with Chris and I took Carter. He had a blast bowling - we're going to have to take him more often - he loves it and this time he actually grasped the concept of taking turns! He was a very well-behaved boy today. There was bowling, lunch, more bowling, cake, present opening, loot bags to go...a good time was had by all.

Tracy made these AMAZING cakes. The woman is something else - a sucker for punishment I say! If I can't make something on the computer, it just doesn't get made. But Tracy is my hero for stuff like this. Excellent job and delicious too!

Here are a couple pictures of Carter from the party...some definite scrapbooking material here!

For my south-of-the-border friends, this is what 5-pin bowling looks like. Go ahead and insert your joke here about how the balls are smaller here. But we get to throw three of them per frame and the score of a perfect game is 450!

Tonight we had Kraft Dinner for supper. I did four huge loads of laundry and still have to go put one more in the dryer. I think all the kids' clothes are clean so I should have no trouble finding something for them to wear tomorrow. But socks remain a mystery - I'll be lucky if I can find a matching pair for either of them.

Well, the shingles seem to have disappeared. I have a couple little marks on my back and my side that I'm hoping won't turn into scars but the marks are minimal enough so far. So now I'm off to dry the last batch of clothes (there is still a mountain of laundry to do - how can that be?!?!) then I'm going to bed. Cooper has been fussing a little but I'm hoping he'll stay down for the night.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the title... LOL! Glad to hear you're feeling better! Hey, your bowling isn't so different... we love candlepin bowling (10 pins); the balls look to be the same size as ours. We prefer that to "big ball" bowling! Have a great week!

Monday, April 02, 2007 5:13:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm not touching your balls or anyone else's for that matter! LOL

I'm glad you're back. . and I'm glad you blogged.

A

Monday, April 02, 2007 1:51:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

So happy to see photos.....no jokes here, five pins looks ace! Make sure to take care of yourself now you are on the road to recovery. Did you have chicken pox as a kid???? So sorry to hear Cooper was not well. It's hard when you are sick ... you just want to crawl up in a ball and tell everyone to get lost! Take care Melly!
BTW you are such a clever chicky! (pardon the pun!) Love your new header!

Monday, April 02, 2007 4:06:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home