Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Cabin Fever

My hair is almost in dreadlocks. My face could stop a train. Ugh. I need to have a shower, put on my face and get out of here! Three more days of this quarantine and I'll be sprung.

Thursday I'm traveling with my sister to Winnipeg - Mom has her results appointment with the hematologist so I'm still praying for some good news - if you get a minute, can you say one for her too, please?

Over the past few days/nights between naps and sleeps and drug-induced comas (haha) I managed to make this page of Cooper. A more serious tone than I usually do but I really loved this picture of him. And since he had his little grey jacket and toque on, I decided to play on the simple colours of the page and use monochromatic stuff.

Click on the image to enlarge and see credits:

So I've pretty much been holding down the couch. My itching has subsided considerably but I'm still being bad and scratching when it flares up once in awhile. My spots and rash are disappearing (Thank God) and the meds must be working their magic.

Last night we went to Mom & Dad's house for supper. Mom made a gorgeous roast beef with gravy and mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. AWESOME. We stayed to visit awhile and watched the movie "Eragon". It was alright. I spent much of it chasing children and cleaning up their poop, but I think it was a good movie!

Tonight I actually cooked supper. I made an odd yet tasty concoction. Instead of spaghetti or meatloaf as I would normally do with the ground beef I took out this morning to defrost, I just started browning the ground beef and seasoning it. I tossed in a couple cups of frozen mixed vegetables and I cooked up two packages of Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice with mushrooms and tossed that into the mixture too. Both kids ate it up. Awesome. Chris and I both enjoyed it too. It was a bit of a late supper since Chris and Carter played outside for quite awhile after Chris came home.

The snow has melted enough that our driveway is bare again and Chris got out the hose and rinsed it off. A nice sign that spring is just around the corner! With the snow melting though, we are left with heaps of dirty, sandy snow from the roads being sanded and salted all winter, so wherever there were snowbanks there are either blackened piles of snow, or just brown grass with a ton of sand all over it. Not pretty. Speaking of not pretty, there are also 823746589256 soggy cigarette butts all over the place too. Grosssss! Thanks Chris. Well, at least he smokes outside. And he was doing some raking.

Chris's Grandpa stopped by for a visit and brought us some cookies. Yummmmmm. That reminds me, I'm getting hungry, so I'm going to go get some more of them. Christy's site is down these days - she's switching to a better, more economical server, but in the meantime she is going to hell and back trying to get everything up and running again. I sent an email to the CT group to say that Christy's chat program was still working, so a bunch of us went on and had an impromptu chat - that's always fun!

Well, that's about it - I'm gonna take off and find those cookies before all the boys get them. Then I'm going to bed since I didn't sleep enough today. HA!

5 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

OH MY GOSH! With the angle of the camera...Cooper looks huge....not a baby!@?!@#?# Unbelievable! Can you not see him and a grown up? Amazing. Love it!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:15:00 p.m.  
Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Hope you feel 100% soon! Love that amazing layout!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 12:58:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

it was fun chatting. . . I'm glad you thought of it!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 2:46:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

I wondered what was happening to the BSD site???!!! It is Thursday here Melly...so when it comes your way I shall be thinking of you and your Mum. I also hope that you will soon be back to your beautiful, vibrant, bouncy self! Take care Melly!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:53:00 p.m.  
Blogger Mojo said...

Another great blogger , love it. Will be back to visit again.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:28:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home