Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, April 02, 2007

Feline Royalty

Today was a fine day at work to start back after my week off. Everyone was happy to see me, which rocked and since they found coverage for most of the time I was off, including Diane, whom I replaced in the first place, much of my work was kept up to date, including much of my month-end duties. Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

I did the supply order - my favourite month-end item. I loves me some office supplies! I caught up on a few other odds and ends and before I knew it, it was already lunch time. I came home and just veged (vedged?) out for awhile then went back to work. The rest of the afternoon was just fine too. Not a bad day at all.

I picked up the boys and we came home. I made chicken fingers and curly fries for supper, plus some fresh walleye fillets that Chris caught on the weekend. I could only find cans of creamed corn in the cupboard. God I need to do some grocery shopping. But Cooper loved it so we were all good.

This evening was almost entirely spent chatting. I chatted with Angie, and joined a chat with Kim Hill at Scrapbook Elements. What a fun bunch, including Lori, which made me feel really at home there. I laughed almost constantly, except for a few interruptions like not one, but TWO poopy diapers courtesy of Cooper, having to tuck Carter in bed 293874593 times. (The chat didn't start until nine o'clock, but my kids were up LATE!) Eventually I was able to chat with no interruptions and it was very fun. There was no way I could follow the chat AND get any scrapping done, so I missed out on the challenge part of the chat but it would have been very distracting trying to get all that accomplished!

My eyes are ready to go to sleep. They were quite awhile ago, but my dear friend Angie is finally trying to use PhotoShop Elements for the first time! I'm so excited! She's like a kid in a candy store. It's a beautiful thing...geek in training. I love it.

Carter's movie obsession of late is "The Lion King". Since I bought the DVD/VCR combo machine, he is able to play VHS movies again. He's certainly not used to having to wait for it to rewind. For some reason I find that hilarious every time. Anyway, he keeps calling it "The Tiger King"... "Mom, I want to watch 'The Tiger King'".

Carter has been a real little sweetheart lately. He still is a bit rough with Cooper, but since Cooper has become so mobile for the past few months, he often gets in Carter's face and Carter just wants to push him away. Granted, Carter does seem to have a tiny mean streak when it comes to his brother, but again, he's really seem to be softening. When I holler at Cooper for getting into something, Carter now tells ME not to yell at HIS brother. Just hilarious. I just want them to be buddies and I'm working on it!

8 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Wow. I am amazed. You got that blog entry done while my stupid computer re-booted.

Oh yeah, it *did* take 20 minutes, didn't it?

Thanks for the tutorial!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 12:34:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun at the chat last night. I think the group was in rare form. LOL :)

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 6:19:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i am rushing over to her blog..and say yippee to the PSE... how great is that!!!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 12:57:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

I think it will always be a love/hate relationship.....my two are always killing each other....either with love or not!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 2:38:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Love your header. I didn't realize the bunny peeks up from behind the letters. So, you're going to teach me to do those things, too, huh? cool.

I noticed some of your commenters. (snorkel!)

Heehee

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 2:02:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have I told you how insane you are lately??? How do you have the time to do all this stuff?

You are now and have always been my hero - Cheers to Mel!

Love ya,
Your cousin Christine.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 10:08:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That chat was a blast! Glad you made it... we'll have to get Angie there next week too! :) LOVE that new header... I last changed mine about a year ago now.... how the heck do you do it? (not speaking literally... I know HOW to do it, KWIM?) :)

Thursday, April 05, 2007 11:57:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

"knock, knock" This is your blog calling. . .please update me?!?!

Friday, April 06, 2007 8:51:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home