Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, April 23, 2007

You Get What You Pray For

Good news, Glorious, God-sent Good news...

Mom got a call from the cancer clinic and her bone marrow is PERFECTLY FREAKING NORMAL. Wonderful news but waiting this long has taken its toll, especially on Mom, but on the rest of us too. What a relief. The cancer doctor still wanted to do a CT-guided lymph node needle biopsy, but Mom asked if since she's been feeling so much better and her spleen is obviously shrinking and her blood levels are next to normal now, could she get a CT again and compare the scans? Doc said "good idea" and hopefully it will be arranged and soon. Mom will still see the cancer doctor in July again to compare the scan results. Whew.

Last night Carter woke up and started coughing. I gave him some cough meds and he crawled in bed and eventually went back to sleep. I went to bed around 12:30. Just as I got all snug in my bed I could hear Carter gagging then barfing. Crikey! I brought him into the bathroom but none of the barf went into the toilet. It wasn't really much, since he hadn't eaten much for supper. He was hard to console and felt feverish so I gave him some Advil and he crawled in our bed.

He got up a couple more times - I lost track of the time but the last time was around four. When I got up this morning I found a few streaks of pukey stuff on my duvet cover. Oy. Carter seemed to be feeling fine and was in good spirits this morning. I got ready and fed and dressed the boys and dropped them off. Work went well. I had lunch with Chris at the shop.

After work I picked up the boys and came home. I made spaghetti for supper and fed the boys. Chris came home and was helping his friend outside with his car for awhile. I got ready to go to my blood donor appointment with Kelly. I took Carter in the stroller and we went over to Kelly's to pick her up. When we got there it was super busy, and despite the fact that we booked an appointment, we waited. Quite awhile. Carter was very well behaved, and was entertained by donuts and juice while he waited for my turn. He was quite sympathetic when they poked my finger, and afterward when they put the bandage on my arm.

Kelly finished first and took Carter over to the donut table, a veritable feast in my son's mind, especially since he turned his nose up at my spaghetti before we left. We had our snack and I got my donor card stamped; I'm proud to say today was my 28th blood donation. Kelly walked us home and Coper fell asleep shortly after. Carter is still up playing computer games.

Before I sign off I just want to acknowledge how blessed I feel. To have my boys, my parents, (my Mom starting to feel better) my sister who is also one of my closest friends, many of my prayers answered (still waiting on that lottery jackpot... ;) my sweet, wonderful friends whose praise lifts me up, my fun friends I get to hang out with, a great job that is fulfilling with coworkers that are like another extended family and so much more. I'm a lucky girl.

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I get to read two blogs in one day - yey me! Great news about your Mum Melly and the last paragraph is a winner - TFS!

Monday, April 23, 2007 10:08:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

You may be blessed, but I suspect it's because YOU are such a blessing to all those people (including me) that you rattled off there at the end of your blog entry.

It's true. Don't deny it!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:06:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thrilled beyond belief with the news about your mom... what did you do to the blog????

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 3:58:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home