Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, May 07, 2007

Where Did It Go???

The weekend, that is...wow that was a fast one!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DOMINIC!!!

Friday after work Chris kept the boys outside to play for awhile and one of his friends from work popped by. I suggested barbecuing steak and was offered no resistance. I ran to the grocery store to pick up steaks and mushrooms and cobs of corn. It was already going to be a late supper so I didn't take any extra time to marinate the steaks. I just rubbed them with the Beef & Steak rub from Victorian Epicure. I prepared the corn and sliced the mushrooms and started pan-frying them with onions and butter. I nuked the potatoes because it was the fastest way, while Chris barbecued the steaks.

Chris's friend left shortly after supper and I ran to the video store to get a movie. We watched "A Night at the Museum" while I was on a chat at BSD. The chat was great and so was the movie. Carter was entranced with the movie. It's great for the whole family. I definitely recommend it. I started getting a nasty headache but went to bed to try to get rid of it.

Saturday Dad held a barbecue at his place for members of the ice road committee. After Chris came home from work we went out for a few hotdogs and a visit. I brought the movie for Mom & Dad to watch, so Chris went inside to watch it since he fell asleep after the first five minutes the night before. I still had a headache but I hate taking anything so I just managed to get by without anything, though I'm sure I'd have felt much better if I had.

It was pretty windy but Carter played outside with the kids that came to visit. Cooper was asleep when we got there but didn't nap for more than about a half an hour. We left after a few hours. Saturday evening was a quiet one. I received a payment to my Paypal account for completing an online survey, so since it was National Scrapbook Day (and Derek's Birthday on Cinco de Mayo!) I bought some new scrapbooking kits. Shopping = fun.

Late Sunday morning, Chris took Cooper for a muddy ride in his truck. Chris's friend got his truck stuck in the mud in the boonies and Chris went along to help get him out. In the meantime, I had to get ready to go to a baby shower. I went to pick up stuff to make a taco salad, which I haven't made in ages (recipe to follow). I picked up all the stuff and came home to prepare it. Cooper was ready for a nap. I browned the ground beef and put it in the fridge to cool. That's when I realized I didn't have any taco seasoning packets. Crap. I had FOUR fajita packets, but no taco. Cooper had just fallen asleep in his high chair amid eating a banana, but I had to scoop him up and head to the store again. Fortunately my headache had eased up and I was feeling much better.

We came home a second time and I was hoping to squeeze another nap out of Cooper, but no chance. I finished preparing the taco salad and Cooper and I headed to the baby shower, since Chris and Carter weren't back yet. The shower was lovely. It's always nice to see coworkers away from the office and get to talk about real life stuff.

After the shower Cooper and I came home. Chris and Carter were already home. We had leftover taco salad for supper. Cooper dug into it pretty well before he started flinging the plate around. I got to watch "Desperate Housewives" without too much interruption (yes, the boys were still up!) and it was gripping as per usual.

Today is Dominic's Birthday. I cannot for the life of me believe that that kid is ELEVEN years old. Wow. After supper we went over for cake and ice cream. Well, ice cream cake actually! We had a good visit - it was a beautiful evening and the kids played outside. We came home and I whipped up some invitations for Dominic's birthday party with his friends this coming weekend.

I put the final touches on this layout of Carter that I'd been working on for what seemed like forever. I had three separate drafts and finally decided on this one. You can click on it to enlarge the image and you can click here for the credits. I'm outta here. I gotta go to sleep!

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Helloo???!?!?

"Recipe to follow......?"

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 5:16:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Such a 3D Lo Melly ... love it!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 1:42:00 a.m.  
Blogger VJ's Scrap Room said...

How cool!! I love the way he swings right out of the frame.:)Fantastic work!!

Thursday, May 10, 2007 6:48:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home