Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, May 04, 2007


My blog (and Angie) have been screaming at me to do an goes...I made brief notes so this will likely be a lengthy post.

Friday was fine. After work I took the boys to Mom & Dad's so I could raid Mom's closet for an outfit to wear on Saturday night. At home we watched "The Pursuit of Happyness". Not overly quick-moving, but very good. Need some perspective? Watch it.

Saturday was an absolute banner day. Chris went to work as usual. I took Cooper over to visit Kelly while I took Carter for his first haircut appointment at the hairdresser. In the past I've cut his hair myself but he had such a mop on top I thought it would be nice to get it cut into a nice little boy haircut. And it is. And he was sooooooo good. Too bad you can't see the blue hair gel on the spikes...way cool.

After Carter's appointment, he and I cruised around a little to show off his new haircut to Daddy and to Cindy - she was watching Dominic at baseball practice so we stopped by there.

Chris came home from work and we got the boys ready and our bags packed to travel to my staff appreciation dinner. We met up with Kelly and Doug as soon as we got to the hotel. We checked in and got the boys all dressed and spiffy. I borrowed a great outfit from my Mom. Dressy enough but not a dress - and very comfy. I don't have a picture.

We went downstairs and dropped off the boys at the kids' area that was prearranged for the evening. They had games and toys for kids of all ages; it looked like such a great setup.

We went to the banquet hall for the dinner. Everything was lovely. I got to meet many people I'd never met before but there were so many people there that there are still many I've yet to meet!

We sat with Kelly and Doug and wouldn't you know it, our table was the second last to go up for the dinner. My Dad says it's genetic to get picked last for any dinner. HOWEVER, there was still plenty of excellent food and dessert when we got our turn. The prime rib was AMAZING. There were assorted salads which I skipped to save space on the plate for the main course. There was chicken and roasted potatoes, delicious assorted vegetables...whodathunk I'd looooove squash so much? There was an exquisite array of desserts too.

After dinner there were speeches and awards. I was nominated for a "Client Service Award". That was a very pleasant surprise. There were no "winners"; all the nominees went into a draw and one was chosen from each category to win a draw prize. Next up was a HI-LARIOUS comedian named Dean Jenkinson. He was fantastic. Very very quick-witted and musically talented too. It was a great show.

The whole evening was a smashing success. They thought of every possible detail and everyone, absolutely everyone had a great time. It's been the main discussion topic around the water cooler all week and many of us are already looking forward to next year's event!

We started to head back fairly early on Sunday morning. Chris got a call just as we were leaving town to see if he wanted to go fishing. The lake he was planning to go to was only two kilometres off the highway on our way back, so I basically dropped him off in the middle of nowhere. (No, not before his fishing buddy showed up!!) I drove the rest of the way back and met up with Mom & Dad and the gang after church having breakfast. We had already done our Timmy's run on our way back to town, so we just had a brief visit and came home. Mom invited us for supper, so when Chris got back to town I packed up the boys and we picked him up and headed out.

Mom made an awesome roast beef, mashed potatoes with gravy, veggies, fresh buns and salad. Mmmmm. It was great. We came home just in time for me to watch Desperate Housewives.

It's been a busy week at work; Monday was month-end. Three of our staff got new computers that I set up and imported all the stuff from their old computers and got them all back up and running on the network again. Tuesday I watched Idol - had quite a few early-to-bed evenings. I'm just getting over my cold that I've had about a week, so the sleep has been doing wonders for me.

Last night we went to watch Dominic play baseball. It's so cool to watch him because he's such a natural athlete like Nick was. I just had this feeling like Nick was right there. And very proud of his son. Here are a couple pictures of him in action.

So we skipped Bingo this hoo. Hopefully we'll go again next week. Tonight Kelly and I took the boys for a walk. It will take awhile before I have the stamina to do our usual long walks, but we went along the riverfront and looped back around to the park so the boys could play. Here are a couple pictures of them in action!

Kelly walked us the rest of the way home and we played outside a little longer. We came in and I made hot chocolate for the boys. Cooper got very fussy and was inconsolable. I think he's getting his eye teeth. Oy. Poor guy. He just screamed and screamed. I gave him some Tylenol earlier so it was time that I could give him some Advil. It still took forever for him to settle, and he eventually fell asleep on my arm. I watched Earl and ER. I put him to bed and finished off this layout that I did using one of the new pictures of Cooper.

You can click on the image for credits and click HERE to enlarge it.

Okay, I'm calling it a night. Angie...are you happy now? (puppy)


Blogger Helen Hancock said...

We are all happy Melly....a good dose of Groveses was what we all needed. Thanks girl....lurve the pics - great hair cut Carter and the digi guru is back! Have a great weekend ;)

ps. too early in the morning for me...too many spelling mistakes...thus my deletion!

Friday, May 04, 2007 4:21:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I am happier than ever!

Thank you!!!!!

Friday, May 04, 2007 5:17:00 p.m.  
Anonymous beth said...

two times thank you... for the update and the vote

Sunday, May 06, 2007 1:35:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm happy with the update. . .now I have one for you......


Sunday, May 06, 2007 9:23:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home