Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

**Edited to add the costume pictures!**

That was fun, but hauling the kids down the streets in the freezing cold, yes, FREEZING... is very tiresome. Then we hauled them in and out of the vehicle to go to the Aunties and the Uncles and the Great Papa and Alana the Babysitter's house. I'm beat. And I didn't eat supper so I'm gorging myself on eensy weensy bags of chips and Swedish berries. Here is a picture of the four of us at Kelly's house:



Carter was dressed as a skeleton. I was a puppy dog (this was very last minute) and Cooper was Clifford the Big Red Dog. And Chris...was dressed as himself. I had a wardrobe malfunctionbefore we left. The costume I was wearing is just a little headpiece with mitten thingies for paws and a tail that velcros on like a belt. Well, it's a kid costume so the belt certainly didn't fit me. So I just tied it around my belt loop on the back of my pants. That was all well and good until I decided to go potty before we hit the trail and I PEED ON MY TAIL. I had to wear my winter coat since it's so damned cold out, so no one would have seen the tail anyway. Now it is traveling through the washing machine. Oy.


Carter and Cooper (it was Cooper's first trick-or-treat outing) seemed to have fun despite the cold. We walked down one side of our street and around the block to the next street. We did about ten houses in total then came home. Then we climbed in the Jeep and went to Auntie Lurdes & Uncle Cliff's, Kelly's, Great Papa's house, Auntie Josie and Uncle Bob's house, Auntie Maggie and Uncle Barry's house (but they weren't home) and our babysitter Alana's house. We stopped to get gas for the Jeep and some milk and bread at the grocery store and we were DONE.

My sweet awesome parents (Mom I'd say that anyway even if you didn't read my blog...) came over and manned the fort while we took the boys out. Cindy and Noah came with us in our neighbourhood. Dominic and Nicole went out with their friends and Jessica stayed here with Mom and Dad to hand out candy to the SEVEN kids that came to our door. SEVEN. I am so sad. I had my little candles making the trail to my door, our two jack-o-lanterns lit on the doorstep and I made those fan-freaking-tastic treat bags. I even ran home from work to make a few more thinking I'd run out.

So I took fifteen to Carter's class, seven to the sitter's house, Mom and Dad gave out seven and they took six home to give to the neighbour kids. Seriously, they'd likely have had as many kids way out there or more than here. Now I have enough left to give one to everyone at work tomorrow.

Amazingly, both boys put themselves to bed after a few treats and I think they're both sleeping; it was close last time I checked. I have more pictures but I forgot my camera card at work since I was using my camera there too. I'll edit this post tomorrow to add them.

Happy Halloween y'all!

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Hey girl. . . what a fun picture of the four of you.

You peed on your tail?!?!?! Hilarious.

I blogged pictures of Caroline just now. . . you'll be impressed!!!

I miss talking to you!!!!!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 9:51:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

TOOOOO cute! Thanks for adding the pics!!

Friday, November 02, 2007 10:13:00 a.m.  
Blogger *~*Jill*~* said...

You look GREAT with a mustache ;)

bwahahahah - you peed on your tail. You SO live with boys!

Friday, November 02, 2007 4:47:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Shame it's so cold for your Halloween. Cute pics...Chris not joining in this year :(

Friday, November 02, 2007 5:14:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home