Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Seriously?

I haven't blogged since Tuesday? Well this will be sketchy at best then unless my memory comes back to me.

Okay. It was an average work week. Wednesday evening I had a date with my friend Silvia from work. We went to a concert with a singer from Venezuela named Eliana Cuevas. She and her band are a very talented and entertaining bunch. The musical abilities were impressive and they have a funky sound.

Thursday...a quiet evening at home. I rented Surf's Up but oddly Carter wasn't too interested in it. We skipped Earl to watch it. I ended up watching ER and going to bed by ten.

Friday...what the heck did we do? I seriously don't remember. Must have been another quiet evening? I hate when I don't blog often enough to remember!

Saturday Chris worked until noon. I did a bit of shopping to make salad and dessert. We had dinner at Seija and Ian's place. We brought the boys and it went over very well! The boys loved their dogs and especially the cats. Almost tempting to get one but maybe someday. We had steak and mushrooms/onions, Caesar salad, awesome scalloped potatoes with gruyere cheese, broccoli with awesome homemade cheese sauce, and death by chocolate for dessert. An excellent collaborative meal. We visited for awhile after supper and played a bit of pool. The boys started asking to go home and we headed home by ten. Thanks again, Seija and Ian!

On our way home we had to drop off the movie. It was about six or seven minutes after ten and I figured I'd be charged late fees for it. The movie nazi herself was there and I asked if the movie was late enough to be a late charge. She was on the phone but shook her head no and I was relieved. I said, "Bless you" and went to look for another movie. If the other one was late I would have just left. I rented Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer. It was pretty good; comparable to the first one. Carter liked the special powers the characters had, but he didn't manage to stay awake to the end.

Today I had a baby shower to go to for a coworker. Her baby is actually four months old but the timing was finally right. We had the party at another coworker's house and everybody brought something to eat. These parties rock, I tell you. I brought death by chocolate (yes, again!) and I fell in love with a garlic hummus dip that someone brought, among many other delicious snacks! We had a good visit to welcome the baby to our work family.

I came home and took a crazy marathon nap. Cooper fell asleep first and I put him in his bed. Carter took a bit of convincing but he came with me for a nap. It was one of those drooly deeply sleepy naps where you wake up in the early evening and wonder if it's morning or night. It was quarter to seven when I woke up. Chris and Cooper had just woken up too. I figured the kids would NEVER go to sleep tonight!

I made grilled cheese sandwiches for the boys for supper. They had a super-sudsy bath and then they went all crazy when I put their jammies on. Like seriously crazy. I figure because it's the one hour of the ENTIRE week where I am obsessed with watching the television without interruption. Yes, I got to watch Desperate Housewives, with some screaming and running children occasionally diverting my attention.

Cooper fell asleep on the couch beside me probably by about ten-thirty or eleven, and I had to restart Carter's movie one more time and he lasted about another five minutes. Not bad. I figured they'd be up later than I am. I haven't done any scrapping in days so I'll hopefully post something soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

This was such fun. . . so good to hear all "aboot" my favourite Canadian family. (did you see that?)

We are exhausted from the Buddy Walk. . .but so relieved that it's over. I have plans to get my donkey back on Hello tonight. Are you gonna be home by any chance?

I have so much scrapping and talking and blabbing to catch up on with you!!!

A

Monday, October 15, 2007 12:03:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Seriously? I didn't get on Hello last night. Two marathon phone calls. I hate those.

I will try tonight. I wanna scrap some more. Gonna be home?

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 8:55:00 a.m.  
Blogger Bob said...

I've never tried hummus before.

Did you get to play funky shower games? I always think it is so fun!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 6:03:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home