Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Oh No! Not the Eggnog!

OMG I just got back from Wal-Mart a little while ago and they already have eggnog on the shelves. That is crrrrrrrrraaaaazy! Less than three months 'til Christmas. Thanksgiving and Halloween aren't even here yet and the next thing we know it will be Christmas.

Now, let's see...time is flying by as usual. Carter seems to be enjoying school. The other day, my blog post title was "You Be the Jishin". Carter was pretending to do magic tricks and making Cooper "disappear" under his blanket. Then apparently it was my turn and that was what he said. Too cute.

The weekend was pretty low-key because I felt like crap with a cold. Our friends Deidre & Greg had their baby on Friday evening and I didn't even get to go to the hospital to visit because of my cold. Seija and I are going to visit tomorrow evening. Can't wait to see him! His name is Rowan Edward McQuade. Big strong name. I love it.

Since I've been sleeping more and scrapping less, I decided to let go of one of my creative teams to see if that would relieve some of the pressure and let someone else join the team who will promote Nina more actively than I have been. I haven't been reading any blogs or doing very much scrapping at all lately. Since Carter started school this month and the days getting shorter and shorter I've gotten so tired so early each evening. I'm hoping for a miraculous energy boost. Maybe when daylight savings time comes and the boys will be going to bed 'one hour earlier', I might get to spend some more time for me and get more stuff done.

I did, however get a new page done with those autumn pictures I took of the boys playing outside in the leaves with Chris. I used LaWanna Desjardin's new "Autumn Mix" kit available at Scrapbook-Bytes. I love the gorgeous, rich colours and neat elements in the kit. I'll be using it again for all the fun fall pictures I hope to take if it ever stops being cold and rainy out. Ick.

5 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Wow. . . that layout is gorgeous. I hope you're feeling better soon.

It's still 87 degrees here. Pukin' hot. But, a few trees have changed colors before falling off the tree!

I miss talking to you!!!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 1:43:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

I know! We have Chrissie decorations up already also!!! I saw this LO at sb.com.....really stood out in the gallery. Happy days Melly!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 4:10:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I also wanted to tell you that I love the new blog header!!!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 9:34:00 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your new LO is so awesome, Melly! Thanks for using my stuff.
I LOOOOOOOVE that LO. It's just gorgeous & it looks like it would feel soft & warm - like a chenille sweater.
I hope you're doing great!

Friday, October 05, 2007 10:29:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

come baaaaaaaaaack!!!

Saturday, October 06, 2007 10:31:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home