Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, September 21, 2007

Mean? No. Sadistic? Yep.

Let's see...Thursday...

Fairly uneventful. Took Carter to school (this is becoming such a highlight in my day). Thursday night we all went to bed very early. Like nine o'clock-ish.

Friday was a hoot. Before I took Carter to school, I killed a bit of time at the dollar store. I picked up a couple things then at the counter I was curiously looking at all the "shocking" items, one of which was a very realistic looking cigarette lighter. I was tempted yet scared to try one, but the ladies at the counter encouraged me to do so. HOLY CRAP. That sucker zinged me all the way up my arm into my neck! I jokingly asked them if they thought it would deter my husband from smoking and decided I had just enough time to go zing Chris before taking Carter to school.

OMGYOUSHOULDHAVESEENTHELOOKONHISFACE. I can still break into a fit of giggling when I picture it. I told him I found this nice lighter on the street but you have to really click it to make it work. He clicked it alright...and loudly and amusingly shouted an obscenity. (And quite rightfully so, I'd say!) I laughed 'til I cried. Once the surprise wore off a little he was laughing too, calling me cruel. Yeah, okay. He has since passed the torch, so to speak to a couple others.

I took Carter to school as usual. Ironically, that afternoon I took my CPR recertification at work. It was a good week at work, though it seemed a bit long. I guess it's due to the weather starting to go downhill (toward winter) and all those short weeks I worked in August.

Chris worked Saturday morning as usual then had plans to go to a poker derby with his four-wheeler. Cindy was in her hunter's safety course near Mom & Dad's house and planned to go there for lunch. Mom invited me to bring the boys out, so I packed them up and headed out. It was a pretty nice day out. We had fresh salmon that Auntie Lurdes and Uncle Cliff had caught and canned on their trip to B.C. Made for some delicious salmon salad sandwiches. We hung out for most of the afternoon then headed back to town.

I did a run to Tim Horton's and took the back way through a little muddy trail. The Jeep was already dirty anyway, so we went to the carwash and I gave it a good scrub. I took the boys for a happy meal and stopped in to see how Chris's ride went. He had no shoes on and was wearing some borrowed pants. Everyone there was covered in mud from head to toe. I don't think I've ever seen Chris that dirty! The festivities weren't over yet so I ran home to get him a clean sweater and shoes.

I brought the boys home and they played outside for a bit. I took this picture of Carter and made this layout using Christy's new Chocolate Romance kit from Butternug Squash Designs.

Chris came home at a decent hour and I finally got the boys to wind down and go to sleep. Cooper had me up a couple times in the night and closer to morning he was ready to party. That was not fun. I had hoped to go to church but I bailed because I kept trying to go back to sleep after the boys got up, which in itself is an exercise in futility.

I spent the day stripping all the beds and washing everything. I hung out all the sheets and duvet covers and blankets and pillowcases on the clothesline. It was such a gorgeous day for it. Clear and sunny and warm with just the perfect breeze for drying laundry.

I made a lovely supper of salmon fillets and steamed potatoes and asparagus. Even the boys ate some. I did a few more loads of laundry so we all have something to wear this week. and it is so HOT in here, because it is such a surprisingly warm day following all the cold weather we've had that Chris had already covered the air conditioner for the winter. Which...sucks. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for summer to last forever, but it's so much more comfortable with the air conditioner.

My last major task of the evening is to dye my hair but I'm too hot and sticky at the moment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I love that layout, by the way. What fun.. You are a mean one, though!!

Monday, September 24, 2007 2:54:00 p.m.  
Blogger *~*Jill*~* said...

Seriously - how much time, say - in a year? do you spend dying your hair???? Are you brain dead yet? Does it give you a good buzz?

Btw - sadists are FUN. ;)

oh. yeah. cute LO

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 8:50:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home