Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Hit the Ground Running

Happy Birthday Marnie!

Wow what a busy day today! And oh crap, I haven't blogged since Saturday. For supper on Saturday, we went to Dave and Heather's place. Dave is the "new guy" where Chris works and they are like giddy little school girls when they get together. Hilarious. I call him Chris's new boyfriend. Carter and Cooper had a great time there too, and Cooper had his first try on a trampoline. (1) No, I didn't have the camera handy, and (2) I would have been too busy freaking out about them falling off if I didn't have both hands ready to dive and catch them in case they fell off.

We had an awesome supper of beer chicken...this is where you put a beer can "up" the chicken and barbecue it. No, and thankfully, it didn't taste like beer. But it was very good. I brought the usual oriental salad and we had mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. We hung out for awhile visiting after supper then it was time to get the kiddies home.

Sunday...duh...did I do ANYTHING? Well at this point I can't recall. Obviously I didn't go to church. Monday...yesterday...another lazy day. I didn't do any more major cleaning, but I did a tad more organizing.

This morning was my first day back to work after being off for those fabulous eleven days. I felt a sense of accomplishment for the time I spent off, and had a great week with my boys too. I'm far from being stay-at-home-mom material on a regular basis, but it really was fun.

Work was INSANELY busy today. Donna and I were so busy covering all the departments that were away that when she said, "Melany, would you believe it's lunchtime?" I didn't believe her at first! We totally both missed our coffee breaks but it was a great morning. I somehow managed to get caught up on most of the month-end stuff from Friday. The afternoon breezed by just like the morning did. Made for an awesome day.

I picked up the boys and came home. When Chris came home I ran out to get a couple grocery items for supper and made a yummy spaghetti dinner with Caesar salad and garlic bread. Mmmm. It's been a long time since we had spaghetti (refer to Mr. Spaghetti below), and I'm pretty sure the leftovers will make for a good lunch for Chris or supper tomorrow. After supper I did a Wal-Mart run for pullups and wipes for the babysitter for Cooper. I picked up about forty bucks' worth of other stuff too including milk and gripe water and assorted other items that were not on the list. It was a veritable MADHOUSE in there; I'm guessing because (1) yesterday was a national holiday and people go NUTS when they can't go to Wal-Mart for one whole day, and (2) school starts at most of our local schools tomorrow so I'm thinkin' all the last-minute school shopping was getting done.

Tonight it was hilariously rocking at NDISB's forum. There were so many of us online that our posts were overlapping each other and it's such a fun bunch over there. I finally posted a few layouts that I worked on over the long weekend. Two from LaWanna's kits and one from Peppermint Creative. Here they are:




Now it's wayyyyyyyy past my bedtime at almost one-thirty! (I had a very big glass of strong iced tea at supper and a FVC after my Wal-Mart run) so I'm still burning the post-midnight oil from all the sugar and caffeine!

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Dang it! I almost got on Hello last night - at 1:30 my time - but I figured you were already in bed.

Dang it. Dang it. Dang it.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007 12:30:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Great work Melly...love the LOs

Wednesday, September 05, 2007 11:21:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home