Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Eleven Days...

...OFF!

I didn't even do it on purpose, but I've just realized I'm officially off for eleven days. Tomorrow I have another Friday off; along with all the other Fridays I booked off this month. Next week my babysitter wanted the week off so I took it off too. Then it's the Labour Day long weekend after that, so in total I'm off for eleven days. Woohoo!

This morning I got up and showered and cut up the lettuce for my taco salad, woke up the boys and fed and dressed them. I got us all out the door with time to spare and went to work.

Kelly (my dear sweet coffee angel) brought me a bagel and a French vanilla cappuccino. The morning went quickly. We had the potluck lunch and it was goooooooood. Everything was delicious! At coffee break we ate even more (desserts!)

After work I picked up the boys. We came home and there was a letter in the mail from Carter's school! We have a meeting with the teacher next week and the week after he goes for one day then goes regularly the week after that. OMG my baby is growing up!

Chris came home from work and took off right away to go for a four-wheeler ride with his buddies. Carter, Cooper and I had sandwiches for supper and hung out. I made some cool flash cards to teach Cooper some new words and Carter reads the letters underneath all the pictures. If I keep this up, I might just get him reading soon! That would be awesome.

It's only quarter after ten but I'm super tired. I didn't get any scrapping done tonight but since I'm off tomorrow I'm hoping to squeeze in a bunch of stuff in the morning. In the afternoon I'm helping sell tickets with my friend Diane at the fall fair. And when Chris gets home from work we're taking the boys to the fair. I hope they both want to go on the rides; I'm anticipating ballistic hissy-fits trying to get them OFF the rides this year. We'll see. I just have to pray for sunshine; it ALWAYS rains on fall fair weekend. Today was cloudy and cool; hopefully it won't be any worse than that tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

WOOHOO alright! Enjoy!

Friday, August 24, 2007 2:45:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Love it, love it, love it!!!

Sunday, August 26, 2007 1:39:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home