Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, August 17, 2007

Another Short Week!

I hate that I don't blog daily anymore. What is wrong with me? Oh yeah, I'm tired every day, and I'm lazy. Yeah...that's it.

The weeks are blazing past me. August is vanishing before my very eyes. Carter will be starting school in just a few weeks. Crikey.

Kelly and I went to Bingo on Wednesday night. She actually got to say Bingo...along with two other people. So a hundred bucks was split three ways and she and I split thirty-four bucks. Woohoo. More next time!

We watched the movie "Wild Hogs" this week. HI-larious. A definite must-see. Many laugh-out-loud parts. I've done a bit of scrapping to catch up with our race challenges. Here is number 9...I wasn't too fond of this one; we had to scrap our most embarrassing moment. There is no way I'm scrapping that. I have two of them. So I chose something much milder in subject and scrapped about how embarrassing it was to always lock myself out of my car...

Next was challenge number ten. We had to scrap about our favourite place to go/visit. I had just gotten home from Bingo on Wednesday night when this challenge was posted so my first thought was naturally Bingo...here is the page. We had to use the word "satisfaction" somewhere on the page and use a variety of alphas to make an oversized title. I enjoyed this challenge much more.


Today I had the day off again. But the day went sooooooooo quickly! I got up and got the boys ready to go to the sitter. I took them then stopped at the office to drop off some cards I printed for work. I did a Timmy's run and brought coffee to Chris (but he was gone on a service call). I came home and lounged around. I did a bit on the computer and sipped my French vanilla cappuccino. Next thing I knew it was almost time to go out for lunch with Diane and Silvia. I put on my face and did my hair and got dressed. I had plenty of time, and hated what I was wearing, so I went shopping! I found a cute outfit and bought it and wore it right out of the store! I also bought a couple t-shirts and a belt for Chris and one for me and a shirt for Chris.

I went and had a lovely lunch with Diane and Silvia (thanks again Diane); she bought us lunch for our birthdays this summer. That was very sweet! After lunch it was already one o'clock! Just two more hours of "me time" before I had to pick up the boys. The sitter had to leave town at three so I was to pick them up early.

My next stop was Wal-Mart. I was hoping to find some shoes to go with my new outfit. I found some cute slipper-type shoes, along with two pairs of sandals that were on sale. I also bought three outfits for Carter for school. He has outgrown most of his pants and I don't want everyone in his Kindergarten class to start asking, "Hey, where's the flood?"

So all in all it was a great day for shopping! I stopped at 7-11 and picked up a Slurpee for the boys and went to pick them up. They of course went CRAZY when they saw the Slurpees. We came home and the boys wanted to play outside but I didn't. It's gotten pretty chilly here this past week or so and I'm not enjoying outside-time anymore!

Last night I rented the movie "The Number 23". We haven't watched it yet. Chris just got home from helping a friend strip his roof to put on new shingles so maybe we'll watch it now. Both boys finally fell asleep within the hour ago so now I can get things done around here again!

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Now that's more like it!!!

Saturday, August 18, 2007 10:11:00 a.m.  
Blogger Ernie said...

Let's see... Melly... Lazy... Yeah, right... :)

Monday, August 20, 2007 10:12:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home