Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Readers' Digest Version

Crap. A whole week since I blogged. I had such good intentions too. When I wait that long to blog I forget most of what happened since my days just seem to blend together.

So, last weekend was a long weekend due to the "Civic Holiday". Call it what you want; I call it an extra day off! Not to mention I took Friday off again this week so I had a short and very sweet three-day workweek.

One of the days (I seriously don't remember) we went to Cindy's house for supper. I picked up Mom after work to bring her since Dad had a golf date so they wouldn't have to take two vehicles all the way out there. Mom and I (and the boys) picked up Chris and we were treated to a faaaaaaabulous prime rib dinner. Massive. Awesome. We visited for awhile then the boys started getting antsy so we headed home.

On Thursday evening Mom and I went to Bingo. Despite the unfruitfulness of the evening, we had fun. Kelly has her niece and grand-niece here visiting this week so she didn't join us this time. I'm thinkin' we'll go on Monday.

Last night I went to Mom and Dad's to help Dad set up his nice new Mac with wireless internet. Now I can bring my computer there and be wireless too. Wish it were a laptop; that would make it way easier!

And SPEAKING OF LAPTOPS...I have officially found my DREAM computer. Does anyone have an extra $5,000 (give or take a few options) to buy it for me? Please? You must see this machine. Click here for details. Base price is $3,497 and of course after I customized the heck out of it it was a thousand bucks more. At least by drooling over this one, it makes buying a "regular" laptop seem so much more easily attainable.


Isn't it DREAMY?

So that takes us up to this weekend. A regular weekend. Chris is at work 'til noon and I'm home with the boys. Ive done some more scrapping this week for the contests I've entered. Here is my first layout for DNTS (Digital's Next Top Scrapper).


I have a couple more challenges to finish for the Amazing Digiscrapping Race too but I've been going to bed early all week. We're talking between ten and eleven o'clock. That's so early I'm not getting anything done! I'm hoping that with the extra sleep I've gotten I'll be able to be a scrapping machine this weekend.

Last night I was all set to be a scrapping machine when we came back from Mom and Dad's house but there was a massive thunder storm. It was the best one of the summer, and unfortunately the power went out around ten-thirty. So everyone went to bed. I'm guessing the power came back on around midnight.

Well that is the week in an itty-bitty nutshell. Now I"m off to take a shower and put my game face on and do my hair.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

It's good to have you back. . . hey, when you can afford to get that computer, maybe you can afford some plane tickets. . .?


Hee hee

Saturday, August 11, 2007 12:45:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

and yes! she is still in the land of the living! Great to read your news. Love the LO....I thought Den was the only one to do that???? He puts the empty product on the bench so "I" can write it on the list! Ha! Have a great week Melly!

Sunday, August 12, 2007 1:20:00 a.m.  
Blogger Ernie said...

Hey... if it's got a 20" widescreen, can it really be called a laptop? :)

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 10:28:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home