Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, August 04, 2007

My First Powwow

We had a quiet day at home today. Chris worked until noon then he got ready to go out fishing. I managed to score a nap while Cooper slept and when I woke up Carter was still asleep.

I did this layout for the Amazing Digiscrapping Race Challenge #6. Only one of us had to do the challenge and post it but Vicky and I both already had something in mind. We submitted hers for the challenge but I was allowed to post mine too. I chatted with Vicky and Jill off and on during the day and gave the ol' blog a new header.

We had leftover spaghetti for supper and Cindy called to say they were on their way to the Powwow. It was at the reserve where we usually go to play Bingo. I had hoped to go but figured it would be hard to navigate with both kids without Chris. Since Chris wasn't back yet I didn't want to just sit around and have a boring evening so I put on my face and got us all ready and we headed out.

I have never been to one before; it is quite a huge and amazing event. The costumes are beautiful and colourful and most have a ring of bells on the cuffs or are covered in decorations that jingle with movement. We were too late for the fish fry which apparently is just awesome and while looking for a parking spot we missed the Grand Entry. I sure hope to make it for that next time.

There were squillions of people there. The weather was perfect. I had an "Indian Taco". This is basically a taco salad but it's served over top of bannock. Very good. I have it at Bingo sometimes. We did get to see some dancing and we hung out for awhile with Cindy and her family and chatted with many of the people passing by.

I brought the boys home and they were both asleep by the time we got here. They both ended up getting up but they were pretty mellow. I put on the movie "Premonition" with Sandra Bullock and watched it with only a few interruptions for cuddles and milk for the boys. The movie started out slow and sketchy and a tad confusing but really pulled together. Once it finally came together it was over. With a stooooooooooooopid ending. I do think it was worth watching, but I was disappointed and would have written it differently! I had heard from a few people that it was so-so, but luckily didn't hear any real spoilers so it was still interesting.

Chris came home and went straight to bed after his long day of fishing. The boys are snoozing too and I am outta here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Holy Cow. . .a Pow Wow. . .and NOW. . .your friend is a featured layout on one of your favorite sites.

I'm out of rhymes. I need a nap.

Two churches, and I'm exhausted!

Sunday, August 05, 2007 12:49:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Oh you are still the guru...new header and a LO to die for! You rock Mellykat!

Sunday, August 05, 2007 8:23:00 p.m.  
Blogger *~*Jill*~* said...

Baby - I just wanted to let you know that I clicked your blinkie. I clicked your blinkie...hard, and then I gave it a good... wait. wrong sort of post!

Hope you are having a great Tuesday!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 7:47:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home