Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, July 15, 2007

First Blizzard of the Summer!

Well the last past few days of our vacation have had the crummiest weather, therefore there isn't too much to blog about.

Chris went out to play poker on Friday night. I pretty much didn't go anywhere in the past few days. Aside from all the grocery shopping we did. We all braved Wal-Mart and pretty much bought half the store. I took Carter to Safeway afterward to get the rest of the grocery stuff that our Wal-Mart doesn't carry. I spent almost as much as at Wal-Mart. Oy. But yay, we have foooood in the house!!!

Saturday afternoon Dominic and Noah came over while Cindy went to a wedding. They brought the movie "Arthur and the Invisibles". Very cute movie. Good for the whole family and Carter thought it was pretty neat.

Last night it was quasi-nice outside so we went to Dairy Queen for ice cream. I had my first Blizzard of the year...with Reese Peanut Butter Cups. Mmmm. The boys did well with their ice cream cones. We went to the much-loathed video store and I looked for "The Last Mimzy". They only have about eight copies and they were all rented. We went to the grocery store and found it there.

We came home and watched the movie and it was good too. Another good-for-the-whole-family movie. The kids were up not quite as late as usual, so I'm hoping to get them back to normal for the babysitter this coming week.

This morning I was actually the first one up. I had set my alarm early and pressed snooze a squillion times. By the time I dragged myself out of bed there was still plenty of time to get ready and go to church. Everyone else was sleeping until ten minutes before I left. I went to church and met up with my Mom and Dad, much to their surprise and to Mom's delight. It's been wayyyyyyyyy too long.

After church I was going to join them for breakfast but I wasn't hungry yet and I started trying to reach Kelly to see if we could zip out to Bingo this afternoon. Unfortunately by the time I reached her she'd been called in to work so we've set a tentative date for Wednesday or Thursday.

I spent the rest of the day sorting and doing laundry (finally). I needed something to wear to work tomorrow. Bummer. It seems like it's been forever since we started this vacation so obviously it's been restful. I could, however, easily get used to a life of leisure!

I did this new layout this weekend from when we went to visit Cindy and family out camping a couple weeks ago...you can click the image to enlarge it and click HERE for credits.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

allright, I'm dying here.

Sunday, July 15, 2007 12:47:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

. . .okay, so I'm a dork. For some reason, I actually believed that it got cold enough in Canada to snow in July.

i'm a dork.

I tagged you on my blog.

Monday, July 16, 2007 9:21:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

What a shame.....at least you had some good days! I just LURVE that LO of Carter!

Monday, July 16, 2007 4:45:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home