Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

And we're having plenty of it! I meant to continue my post yesterday but we got ready to go and we never came back until late last night.

Back to Thursday...I ended up with one more haircut customer and cut Chris's hair. We went to Mom and Dad's for supper and we brought a movie. We had hamburgers and salad. Very good stuff. It was beautiful out and I managed to get a picture of all three of my boys with their new haircuts. Definite scrapbook material - this picture will be seen on a scrapbook page - soon!

We watched the movie "Breach". Not so terribly exciting of a movie. I figured it would be an exciting spy movie but it was basically a drama based on a true story and that was about all it was. We came home and put the boys to bed.

Yesterday after my brief blog post, we got ready to go places. First I had an eyebrow wax appointment...and not a moment too soon! I stopped in at the office for a minute then we headed to Wal-Mart to grab some snacks to go visit Cindy and the family out camping. Seventy-three bucks later we were prepared with snacks and a cooler for the drinks. I stopped in the McDonald's at Wal-Mart to grab some lunch and we headed out on the highway. Both boys slept almost all the way. We saw a moose (on the side of the road thank goodness) and a turkey vulture and a bear. We arrived safe and sound and had a blast. Chris went fishing and Cindy and I took the kids down to the beach. I got plenty of great pictures of the boys; here are a few. Plenty more scrapbooking material!

Carter Surfing


Cooper about to destroy my beautiful sand castle!

We had fresh walleye for supper and had more fun playing outside on a beautiful day. It actually was mostly cloudy for much of the time we were there and even sprinkled a little rain but it was still very warm. By the time we left it was dark out and I have never seen so much wildlife on and near the highway before in my life. We saw at least ten moose and ten deer and a wolf. Talk about a wild ride. My parents were following us and many times we had to come to a complete stop or slow right down and drive around the animals on the road. Once we got to the main highway we only saw one other deer. We made it home safe and sound and both boys were sound asleep.

I had a hard time sleeping since I'd had a sore back for much of the day and night. This morning it still hurt but I'm feeling much better. Chris took Carter out to run errands and he just brought me a FVC from Timmy's. Yum. Cooper and I have been playing off and on as I catch up here on my blog. He has such a great laugh and loves to be tickled. He has so many words now and is just starting to put them together. Very awesome. And he looks sooooo grown up with his new haircut. Like he went from baby to big boy instantly.

I'm hoping we all get out and enjoy the day again - and we get to do this for another week yet! Yay!

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I'm so glad you're having a good vacation. Mine is almost over (sniff, sniff!)

We've got company coming in tonight. . . .our first overnight guests since we've moved. Yikes.

I'm off to clean a bathroom, or two!!

Saturday, July 07, 2007 11:59:00 a.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

lol, I had comments for angie after reading her comments, i will head over there for tat... i want fresh walleye...

Saturday, July 07, 2007 9:00:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Great shot...great times...that is what it is all about Melly! Enjoy!

Sunday, July 08, 2007 1:33:00 a.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

we wat to know what road you are on when you saw the wildlife?

Sunday, July 08, 2007 8:38:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home