Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Mother Nature Must Have Her Period

We are getting SLAMMED with stormy weather. It seems like every couple days we have a new, more wicked storm. In Manitoba they had massive tornadoes. In a town only an hour away from here they had a possible tornado, and they're in a state of emergency due to a "micro-burst". I don't recall this much storm activity in such a short period of time. I wonder what we did to piss off Mother Nature?

Yesterday I pressed snooze as long as possible and dragged my sorry-that-the-weekend-was-over-ass out of bed. Work went fine. Mondays always fly. Chris barbecued hotdogs for supper and I worked on a couple projects in the evening after the boys went to bed. We had another wicked wicked storm around 1:30. I was still up and enjoyed watching the torrential-ness of it.

This morning I got up and ready and got the boys ready. It was so stormy again and the wind was whipping the rain around. I would have had plenty of time but I thought I could wait out the storm a few minutes and when it eased up I'd make a run for it with the kids. Nope. It got worse. I got the brilliant idea to put on my shower cap to run out to the garage. Even if I could have managed an umbrella with carrying Cooper, the diaper bag, my hair dryer and my purse, the umbrella would have either blown inside out or flown me away like Mary Poppins!

Today was another good and quick day. Maybe it just seemed that way because I had TWO French Vanilla Cappuccinos this morning! After work I picked up the boys and we came home. We had random leftovers for supper and Kelly stopped by with her NEW PUPPY! His name is Radley and he is a gorgeous little sweetie! Here he is:

He is so soft and cuddly and cyuuuuuuute!

Here are a couple layouts I've been working on recently. I'll just stick the images in and insert the gallery and credit links tomorrow because my eyeballs are getting fried! We had a fun chat at BSD tonight and my eyes are very tired now. Not to mention I didn't sleep a whole lot last night.



My friend Angie had her hernia surgery today, and pulled through like a champ! She even took a minute between popping pills (kidding, Angie) to say hi to our scrapbooking group. Sweet. So glad to hear everything went well. Thanks to Mark for sending out the email to tell us all was well. I just wish I could go see her in person to give her a hand while she gets better!

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I wish you could, too. But alas, you'll have to just give me a lift through your blog. I can live with that. . .just keep it updated, 'kay?

Love you. . . A

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:37:00 a.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

melany take a look at the sidebar of my blog... kinda our anniversary, thanks so much

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 11:22:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Hee. . .Beth named both of us in the post script to today's entry.

Missing you, girl. Not so dizzy right now.


HEE. . . my word verification is

"iidrugg" fits me big time these days!!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:22:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home