Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My Fifteen Minutes

I've still spent a lot of time thinking about our wonderful visit with the Sturm family. Christy stopped in my office, surprising the heck out of me; though I hoped she might pop in to say goodbye one last time in person. Luckily she breezed through the border crossing and made it home safe and sound.

I had stayed up really late that night but last night I went to bed "early" at about 10:30. Everyone was kind enough to sleep through the night and I had an easier time getting up this morning. Work has been good this week and at home I've been working on a few new scrapbooking pages for the new creative teams I'm on.

A friend of ours listed a classified ad looking for an apple tree recently. We told him he could take ours (we have one left) as long as he filled in the hole from digging it up. A guy showed up with a backhoe and it was pretty slick the way he hauled out the tree. The hole wasn't so bad but there are some deep, ugly ruts where the best part of our lawn used to be. He said he'd come back to fill the hole with black dirt; I hope he fills in the ruts too. Apparently the transplant didn't go over too well; I hope the tree survives and they get to enjoy it.

After work today I came home and was reading a few of my favourite blogs when I found one of MY layouts featured on Miss Mint's blog! This is very exciting for me; it is one of my all-time favourite pages I've done and it was cool to have it recognized by her. You can see her blog at Peppermint Creative. Way cool.

Here are the new pages I've done using LaWanna Desjardin's kits. I already love being on her creative team. It's a quiet evening at the Groves house tonight - it's raining so we won't be doing any playing outside.

"Retro Funk" kit by LaWanna Desjardin


"Spring Fling" kit by Lawanna Desjardin


"Sons and Fathers" kit by Lawanna Desjardin

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Girl, your layouts are AMAZING. Truly gorgeous & that picture of us is absolutely perfect for that kit. Congrats on being featured with Miss Mint, too!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:56:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

These are phenomenal! I love the one of you and Carter at Ft. Vermillion.

I'm telling you. . .you're gonna be a mint chick soon!

Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:46:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Great pages Guru...how do you just turn them out like that? Brilliant. Happy weekend to you!

Thursday, June 14, 2007 10:29:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home