Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Beautiful, Sunny, Warm

Yesterday was a faaaaaaaaantastic day!

Our morning routine went well and I dropped the boys off at the sitter. I started to get everything ready for the day and did some paperwork. After about an hour my boss called to see if I'd meet up with him and take a computer to one of our other offices. Yay! Road trip!

i drove out to meet him and picked up the computer then drove back to town and stopped at Tim Horton's before going on the next leg of my journey. After about an hour's drive (oops it was supposed to take about fifteen more minutes than that) I arrived just as the girls were finishing their office meeting. They take turns bringing in a lunch and they fed me sandwiches (I ate mustard - astonishing!) and a gorgeous salad with mandarin oranges and almond slices with a poppy seed dressing. They also served slices of cheese and pickles and homemade cookies for dessert. Mmmm. That was a nice surprise!

I set up the computer and did a few software upgrades around the office. I left shortly after 2:30 so I'd have time to make it back to the office and to pick up the boys. What a great day. I wouldn't necessarily want to travel every day like that but once in awhile is nice. Especially on such a gorgeous day. No kids yelling in the back seat, no "backseat" drivers... Chris... ahem... just a nice drive with my eighties tunes cranked.

I got back to the office and dropped off some mail I brought back. I finished up a few more things then it was four o'clock and I was outta there! I picked up the boys and took a spin over to see Chris. On the way home Carter made a happy meal request so I stopped at McDonald's. I got them each a happy meal. We went home and Chris came home shortly after.

I got ready to go to Bingo. Before I left I went to get something for Chris at McDonald's too. When I got home Kelly picked me up right away and we were off to Bingo. No, we didn't win. And no, I don't want to talk about it! We still had fun of course but would have preferred winning.

She dropped me off and I was tired. The kids were asleep and Chris was awake for some reason. Probably waited up in hopes I came home and showered him with thousands of dollars. I wish. We put the boys to bed and went to sleep.

This morning Chris went to work as usual and Cooper was the next one up at seven-thirty. Carter was right behind him and I made the boys breakfast. We're just sitting around playing but it's a beautiful day out. Chris is going fishing this afternoon and I'd like to take the boys to the park or out for a walk since it's so nice out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Don't you just love having the car to yourself....blast out those eighty tunes and sing as loud as you like - yeah...now that's what I;m talkin' about!

Saturday, June 02, 2007 5:57:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home