Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Shore Lunch

Well with a decent amount of sleep last night I managed to get out of bed this morning without pressing snooze for too long. Chris was apparently up just after four since he had to go on a long-distance service call and had to leave by five. So he wasn't here to wake me. I'm going to ask him to make sure I wake up before he leaves then I'm more likely to get up and get going.

I was surprisingly organized this morning though, and we got away fine. Carter is playing this very cute but very patience-testing game when I'm trying to get him dressed all the time now. He pretends his feet are running away when I'm trying to put his socks or gotchies or pants on. I humour him and tell him "I caught it!" and he eventually cooperates.

Both boys slept until nearly the time we had to leave so they took their peanut butter sandwiches and their milk to go.

I had to run two errands for work today...one to put some stuff in our off-site storage and the other to pick up a couple supplies at Wal-Mart. The storage place is kind of tucked away in behind some of the businesses on the highway and you have to drive way around and in behind some back streets to get to it. I've always been intrigued knowing that this industrial area seemed connected by a backroad-type of trail that led not-so-directly to Tim Horton's...any idea where I'm going with this? I went for it. I put the Jeep in 4x4 mode and drove down the muddy rocky trail. It was AWESOME! And just in case you didn't know...mud is WAY slipperier than snow! I felt so proud of myself when I arrived at Timmy's coming out of nowhere from the back 40 with mud all over the Jeep and parked and trotted myself in the store. What a dork. Anyway, next stop was Wal-Mart and then I headed back to the office, feeling exhilarated! I'm so easily amused. (And Bob, I still haven't remembered to buy any juice!!!)

Work went well. The days are ticking by so quickly. Especially when I go to leave...I feel so strange leaving a half an hour earlier; I know I've put in my full day, but I feel like I'm abandoning everyone! I just need to make a few adjustments to this new routine and hopefully I'll have supper on the go by the time Chris gets home.

When he got home all I had done was thawed some walleye for supper. I pan-fried it and Chris washed and cooked potatoes and some cream-style corn. It was just like a shore lunch on a great day of fishing! Except for the poopy weather. We definitely ate inside. Carter and Cooper really seem to like eating fish. It's funny when Carter calls it "chicken". Cooper is starting to feed himself better. I think all four of those molars that are starting to arrive are already coming in handy for his chewing. The top two have erupted but the bottom two are just big bulgy spots in his gums still and thankfully none of them is currently bothering him.

Chris seemed surprisingly amused and not annoyed as I imagined he'd be with my little off-road excursion and mud collection on the Jeep. Regardless of the entertainment value I gleaned from it, he couldn't stand seeing it that dirty. Even when he purposely goes off-roading in his truck, the mud never lasts long; he's always off to give the truck a bath. So, Chris took Carter to the shop to wash the Jeep. Now it's all spiffy so I'd better keep to the streets!

Shortly after they got home I got Cooper tucked away in bed. Carter didn't want to go to bed, but I gave him a time limit on the computer and took him "camping" shortly after 9:30. The bedtime is starting to become routine finally and I'll keep shaving minutes off the time until he's in bed at a decent bedtime for kids. Speaking of bedtime, I'd better head off myself. I actually accomplished a project that I've been stressing over and now it's done so I should rest more easily tonight. And now that it's done I can work on some more scrapping pages!

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Wow. . . .off-roading to Tim Horton's? That's a new one!!

I mean, Coffee is called "mud" and you drove through the "mud" to get to coffee......?

See where this is going? Me neither. Back to work. . . .

Thursday, May 31, 2007 8:23:00 a.m.  
Blogger Bob said...

The newest mud-bogger to the Monster Truck family! Melly-K and her Jeep...Jammin' Java Jeepster!

I can just see you crankin' that 4WD over those off-road obstacles...slippin' & sliding!

Wish I could have been there with you! THEN we would have picked up the juice because I would have remembered.

Friday, June 01, 2007 12:39:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home