Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, May 21, 2007

Long Weekend...Sucked

Yeah, I'm gonna be a whiner...you got a problem with that?

As most long weekends, the weather SUCKED. Chris went fishing Saturday, Sunday, and today. I loooooooove my boys but it sucked that it was so cold out (it snowed on Saturday, poured rain today was freaking freezing the rest of the time) we didn't go out to play at all. There were very few sunny periods. Stay with me, there are a few bright spots to the weekend...I'm just not done ranting.

Last night we went to Mom & Dad's for supper. (bright spot). We had a delicious meal of roast chicken, the creamiest, butteriest mashed potatoes with gravy, an eclectically awesome assortment of vegetables, a salad and fresh buns. Mmmmmmmmm. We watched the season finale of Desperate Housewives. No major shockers - I seriously could write this stuff. I predicted all the twists and turns they tried to throw at us. Bummer it's done for the season. Now I'll probably have to do laundry on Sunday nights or God forbid cook a meal or clean the house.

Today sucked all the way up to supper time. Chris had returned from fishing late in the afternoon and I proclaimed that I wasn't cooking. I was in a funkity funk. Chris took Carter for a ride and brought us take-out from McDonald's. He "cooked", he got to decide what we ate.

Awhile after supper I decided to finally brush my hair and put on my face and get out of the house. (here comes another bright spot and another whine). I asked Carter to come with me for a walk. He said he wanted to walk, but of course I brought the stroller. By the time we got to the end of the driveway he wanted a ride. I brought my mp3 player and listened to some upbeat tunes. It was pretty nice out - I took my jacket off and tied it around my waist.

A couple times I "sprinted" for a couple blocks. Then I wheezed for at least six more blocks. It felt good though. We took the short way and took the elevator up to the overpass that crosses the railway tracks and the highway. Carter enjoyed looking down at the traffic going below us. I set down the mp3 player on top of the stroller to hold Carter's hand as we walked along the window ledge. He ran down the incline toward the other elevator and I ran to catch up with him. It was between this point and 400 metres later that I noticed I had lost the mp3 player. I searched the stroller and everything. Carter and I ran part of that way, and I'm guessing the mp3 player bounced off and fell to the ground somewhere.

So, thinking I noticed it in time, we immediately turned around and I tried to run back quickly to find it. We met a couple people on bikes and I obviously looked like I was looking for something and out loud I exclaimed to Carter that I hoped we were going to find it. We got back to the elevator and there were a couple other people coming out who said they hadn't found it. Hmmm. Well someone must have. My guess is the bicyclers, though I wasn't looking back to see how many other people had been in our tracks. I was sad.

Instead of going the rest of my planned route, we just retraced our steps back to where I'd taken off the earphones and then headed home. I had promised to take Carter for a treat so I parked the stroller and took him for a ride in the Jeep. I was spent. Oy. We went to 7-11 for a Slurpee and cruised around. We went down to the government dock and Carter posed on the big rocks and on the dock for me. We had a great time. Next stop was the yacht club since Carter noticed the sailboats from far away and wanted to check them out.

I figured since Carter hadn't napped that he'd be ready to zonk, so I did a couple more loops around town and sure enough he fell asleep. I drove home and realized the barbecue was still inside the garage along with the kids' picnic table and some lawn chairs. I ended up rearranging practically the whole garage, parked the Jeep and took Carter inside. Here are a few pictures from our travels:




I brought him in and put him to bed. One down, one to go. I had expected Cooper to be asleep but he was staring out the window at me when I walked in. And he didn't go to bed until 11:30. Obviously he had slept while I was gone and got his second wind. Bigtime. Carter got up a few minutes after that. I exited stage left and went to the basement. I started sorting some of the clothes in the kids' room and that was barely a drop in the bucket. I went to the basement and did a bunch of laundry and folded and folded and sorted and sorted. Now there are still piles, but they are very organized by colour for putting in the wash, or folded in very tidy piles for putting away. All the clean towels are put away in the cupboard.

After making the first attack on the basement, (there is still much much much to do) I came back upstairs and sorted more kids' clothes. Clothes that belong to my girlfriends kids I put into separate bags. I put all Cooper's stuff that fits him now and will fit him soon into one bin, stuff that fits Carter now into another. I actually put stuff into dresser drawers too. One drawer is for socks and undies and another is for jammies. Wow. Imagine me trying to find stuff now that it's in drawers!

If I could just do a fraction of what I did tonight a couple times a week, I'd be in total control of this household. I'll have to work on that. Amid all the cabin fever this weekend, I finished a couple layouts. Here they are. Credits: "Lilac Garden" and "Craft Jar" kits from Miss Mint at Peppermint Creative.



One more thing...I've been "tagged" by Theresa...(yay, how fun is that!) but I'm gonna tackle that tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Cute little pics!
Wish I could have been there.

Ya know...it was 4 WHOLE days between posts. Don't make me wait so long next time!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 2:54:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Hey there,
Sorry the weekend sucked. You managed to make it sound like a good time (eventually).

Great layouts, by the way. You a mint chick yet???

::hee::

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:39:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Great LOs Melly. Wow what a weekend! I thought my 70+ mother was the only one who "put her face one" - dag! And please explain "funkity funk" LOL is that really bad??? LOL

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 8:24:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home