Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, May 14, 2007

You Call That Mother's Day?

Well I did get to stay in bed a little longer, but the boys were making so much racket I didn't get any extra sleep! And if my boys hadn't made those awesome cards they made at the babysitter, I'd have nothing to show for Mother's Day! (Aside from the love and devotion of my boys and my husband of course!) At some point I'll scan the cards and post them here 'cause they are soooooo cute.

So I had an incredibly lazy weekend in general. At some point Sunday afternoon I finally flat-ironed my hair. I'm so lucky I don't often have to do that more than once a week. Talk about a low-maintenance hairstyle. So bye-bye grey for another few weeks too.

I took Cooper to the grocery store yesterday. One of my neighbours was there and he said, "Isn't it a rule that you don't have to shop on Mother's Day?". I said, "Are you kidding me? I'm escaping right now! I have no problem with shopping on Mother's Day or any other day if it gets me out of the house!" And Cooper was a good little helper with no fuss, so it went just fine. I brought happy meals home for the boys and we had a McDonald's picnic outside since it was so nice out.

I made a yummy taco salad for supper (I know I said the recipe was to follow last week but I actually already typed it once to share it with the girls at work and I deleted it from this computer - oops!) I'll email it home to myself so I can blog it. I watched my only show that I seriously obsess over watching...Desperate Housewives. Carter stayed up pretty late again. I swear the kid doesn't require much sleep at night. Either that or he's taking one hell of a nap during the day!

Today was a very busy Monday, but it started out great. I had time to do a Timmy's run, our summer student started today, and Nicki found me this purse I'd been wanting to get since another of our coworkers got one a few weeks ago. She had to travel 200 miles to find it but she picked it up for me! So I told Chris he bought it for me for Mother's Day. Considering I didn't even get a card from him, he didn't seem to have a problem with that!

Kelly stopped by the office this morning and we made plans to go out for lunch. We had our new usual chicken Caesar wrap. It was awesome. I went back to work for a busy afternoon and before I knew it, it was time to go pick up the boys.

I was planning on making stir-fry for supper, but Chris oddly enough felt like barbecuing hot dogs. Like we haven't had enough meals of synthetic mystery meat since ending up with all those leftovers after Carter's birthday! We also had taco salad and the boys actually ate a bit of everything.

Kelly rented a pile of movies but didn't get the chance to watch them so she lent them to us. I went over to pick them up and had tea and cake with her and Ben. The movies are "Painted Veil", "Because I Said So", "Music & Lyrics", and "Catch & Release". I haven't seen any of them so I'll try to do a mini movie marathon and watch a couple tonight and a couple tomorrow night.

And, I had 29 comments on my freebie from the other day, and the winner of the $5 gift certificate for Butternug Squash Designs is Fortlady (Karen)! How fun! Now I'm off to see how many minutes of a movie I can watch before I fall asleep on the couch!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this was pretty nice to read...and sounds like you had quite a nice day...thanks for sharing these with us!!!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 6:42:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Hey girl. . . I'm at work. The inlaws were over last night--so I didn't get near the computer.

We're doing good. We can at least find the things we NEED in the house.

We close on it today. Wow.

Miss talking to you....

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 8:55:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Hey Melly...how are you! Sorry you were not made more of a fuss over. Looking forward to seeing the cards. Glad to see I am not the only one going grey.....I hate it! Den got a digital photo frame for me for Mother's Day - yey me! You asked about my size LOs - it depends on the content what size I use but I do like 12x12. I get all my LOs made up as 6x4 photos and put them in an album for the whole years events. Does that make sense dagz!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 3:49:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home