Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Running Out of Daylight

The days are flying by so quickly...I feel like I barely walk in the door with the boys after work and it's time for bed!

Today was another good, fast-paced day at the office. I cruised around with the boys a bit after work and we got home at the same time as Chris. He wanted to barbecue hamburgers (hey, who am I to argue with a man that wants to cook me supper again?) So Chris kept Carter and I took Cooper to Wal-Mart. I grabbed some beef sirloin burgers and a few other grocery items (only spent forty-two bucks so there must be wayyyyyyyy more stuff I need!) I came home and brought Cooper in and got everything ready for Chris to barbecue. Chris had started to mow the grass (yes, it's getting nice enough out and with the rain we've had these past couple days everything has just sprouted greenness all over the place!)

Cooper was maaaaaaaaaaaaad. I can only guess it's because he wanted to stay out and play with Carter and Daddy. Chris barbecued the burgers and brought everything inside. We had supper and both boys almost ate a half a burger each and they're fairly thick burgers. Chris had promised Carter that if he ate all his supper we could go to the park. I was so looking forward to the four of us going to the park. We finished supper and got the boys dressed in warmer clothes, shoes, sweaters, etc. THE VERY SECOND we went outside it started to POUR RAIN. Okay, fine. Plan B. We went to visit Auntie Lurdes and Uncle Cliff instead! We had a wonderful visit as always and I collected a few of their family pictures from their computer so I can make a Memory Maker bracelet for Auntie Lurdes - kind of a belated birthday present I've been meaning to get pictures for.

I came across this picture of Mallary and had to have it to make a page with Christy's new "Strappleberry Lime" kit at Butternug Squash Designs. The colour of her bathing suit and the scrunchy in her hair were perfect and it's such a perfect picture of her.

Cooper fell asleep shortly after we got home. He stayed asleep while I changed him and put him to bed. Sweet. Carter snuggled up on the couch beside me and zonked shortly after. I'm tired and I dozed off for awhile but I got my second wind and finished up the Mallary page.

I also wanted to post this page I did a few days ago using this picture of Carter and Dominic and Noah. They're all sporting matching jackets that Cindy bought all three of them for their birthdays. All three of them were born in May. Dominic and Carter were almost birthday twins...just one day (and 7 years) apart.

I bought this kit, "Brownie Mud Pie" by Angela Sharrow. I'd had my eye on it since I got the sampler pack way back not long after I started this hobby and I finally bought the whole kit on National Scrapbooking Day. I made my own polaroid frame and used Panos' bend effect on it. I used Atomic Cupcake's Iron action on the title.

I'm off to bed now - just have to carry Carter off to his bed and then I'm a goner. By the way, I have no movie reviews because I didn't even watch one of the ones I mentioned last night. Hopefully I'll get to watch them soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

It was such a thrill to talk last night.

Those layouts are gorgeous. When I get my act together, I'll get to the site(s) and praise the heck out of 'em!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 2:44:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

the days certainly are flying..especially as they are getting shorter and darker here...hopefully you will get more outside time with longer days. Great Los Melly...love the colours of the new BS design.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 10:48:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home