Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, May 18, 2007

Long Weekend...Coming Up!

Today was awesome. I managed to drop off the boys without incident and make it to work on time with time to spare after doing a Timmy's run.

Work went well for the morning and I called hubby at work to see if he wanted me to bring him lunch. Just after I spoke with him, one of the girls at work wanted to go out for lunch. I was all over it. We planned an impromptu office lunch and I booked a reservation for six of us. THEN I remembered I promised to deliver lunch to hubby and his boss. One of the girls sent me away a few minutes early to feed the hubby so I could still participate in our said impromptu office lunch.

Lunch rocked. The afternoon ticked away...not as quickly as I might have liked considering it's a 3-day weekend (Bless your soul, Queen Victoria), but it ticked away nonetheless. I had a few office equipment issues but i managed to fix everything. Yay.

I picked up the boys and Carter wanted chicken for supper. From McDonald's. They have a major Shrek promotion going on and I'd like to collect the Happy Meal toys and the cool glassware they have so I decided to do a "Ronny's" run. We picnicked outside again. Chris and I had Big Macs and the boys had McNugget happy meals. Chris and Carter stayed outside to wash the Jeep and I took Cooper in. He was maaaaaaaaaaad again. The kid wants to be a big boy like his brother Carter.

After Chris and Carter came in I realized we needed milk. Crap. So I did a grocery run. I had put on the movie, "Music and Lyrics" but didn't get very far. I paused it. Since it's a long weekend (thanks again, Queen Victoria), the stores are all NUTS. One, because there are fishing tourists here stocking up for their opening-week visits to God's county. And two...because many of the stores will be closed on Monday. God forbid you don't get to shop for one freaking day. Anyway, I picked up a few (yes only a few) essentials and treats and made my way through the throngs to get home.

I remembered that Theresa from NDISB was holding a charity chat at DST so I tuned in about 20 minutes late but still had a blast with all the gals there that I've met at NDISB. During the chat someone mentioned the program "Hello" and I had just downloaded it the other day. Both Theresa and Jill use it and Jill sent me my first Hello message. It's a wayyyyyyyyy cool way to share messages and pictures. I have just got to talk Angie into using it.

Anyway, it's wayyyyyyyyy past my bedtime so I'm outta here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Queen Victoria Rocks!!! unfortunatley Tony works for a company that services a US company, so holiday for him, but time and a half...not bad, eh?
am happy always to read your posts Melany...

Saturday, May 19, 2007 7:41:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Hope you are enjoying your long weekend - lucky duck! Have a good one Melly!

Sunday, May 20, 2007 4:09:00 p.m.  
Blogger Theresa said...

Dude, I'm sorry your long weekend sucked, but considering you're still in it (today's a holiday, right?) maybe it will get better. I know what you were doing friday night though, but maybe sucking down the clamatos wasn't the sucking you had in mind when you named your post.

In any case, I've tagged you:

http://ndisb.blogspot.com/

Monday, May 21, 2007 4:37:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home