Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, May 25, 2007

You Are My Cloud Cover, My Only Cloud Cover

Dang it's been cold out this week. It's above freezing, though barely. I cannot wait 'til summer. I would love to at least see the sun shine to give the illusion of warmth out there.

On Thursday six of us from the office did another impromptu luncheon. Diane and I already had plans and a few of the gals joined us. We had a lovely lunch.

Kelly and I went to Bingo AGAIN on Thursday night. I tried to justify it saying that since i had won (a little) two weeks in a row it was like it was free. Unfortunately the winning streak seems limited to Wednesdays for me. We'll see what happens next week.

This morning was choreographed very well. I got up in time to have a shower and get mostly ready before I woke up the boys. I woke them up earlier than usual in an attempt to fix this terrible sleep schedule going on around here. I fed them breakfast and they both had a bath. I got all ready and got them dressed and we were out the door with PLENTY of time to make a Timmy's run and head to the babysitter's house and make it to work first and get the best parking spot! (Whew holy run-on sentence Batman!)

Work went well. It was my day to cover the lunch hour and instead of taking the later lunch I went early instead. I went to Wal-Mart to look around. I haven't been there in ages! I bought a small bottle of Cool Water perfume, a gorgeous pair of shoes for THREE dollars (they are so pretty and matched what I was wearing today so when I got back to work I wore them). I also got a pair of running shoes and a new watch. My previous watch has been dead for over four months but I kept wearing it anyway since it was more like a bracelet to me. Instead of replacing the battery on the old one (it was a ten-dollar watch), I bought another ten-dollar watch! It was all about me. No diapers or wipes or toilet paper...just stuff for me.

I went back to work and put on my new shoes. Since I had the early lunch hour, it made for a longer afternoon but it was quiet in the office and I got quite a bit accomplished. I picked up the boys and Carter was SCREAMING...yes...literally screaming for McDonald's. I made him settle and ask nicely and I went to get the two of them a Happy Meal. I figured I'd make something for Chris and myself to eat for supper or order a pizza or something. But by the time he came home, he finished cutting the grass and took the boys outside to play for awhile.

After he came in and showered, he went to pick us up some McDonald's too. Waiting for pizza was not an option - we were both hungry and I need to do some serious grocery shopping. Tonight we held a chat at Butternug Squash Designs with the gals from NDISB. It wasn't quite as crazy as last week but it was very fun. Everyone was too tired!

We just finished the chat a little while ago (at 1:00) and I'm off to bed now. Chris is off tomorrow but he's going fishing again. I hope it gets nicer outside!

Oh one more thing...I finished this layout using Christy's new "Covenant" kit at Butternug Squash Designs. It's not up in my gallery yet but I wanted to post it here before I forget.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Really like the layout. Glad you enjoyed the chat last night. I will hopefully be more talkative another time! ; )

Saturday, May 26, 2007 2:03:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, your work really rocks.
-Kelly

Saturday, May 26, 2007 2:06:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

great LO Melly...love the colours.

Sunday, May 27, 2007 4:08:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool water is my favorite and my oh my what it does to tony..so dont wear it around him, okay? :)
anyway never knew anyone else who wore it, i only got it because melinda received it as a present and rejected it... good to see your post

Sunday, May 27, 2007 10:28:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home