Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Big Freakin' Heffalumps!!!

Tuesday...difficult to get things going in the morning after a long weekend. Ugh. No major issues but I definitely do not have a handle on the bedtime/morning issue in our house. However, we got out of the house with no major problems and work was fine. We had fresh fresh walleye from Chris's most recent fishing excursion. I got him to pick up some homestyle fries on the way home and we had them with the fish and I quickly nuked some veggies. Yummm.

Chris's Dad bought us tickets to take the kids to the circus. Very sweet. I wasn't sure if I wanted to attempt taking them but it went unbelievably well! The kids sat still for the most part and the show was very entertaining! I was so impressed with Carter's toleration of the noise level in there. We couldn't have taken him last year - he used to be so sensitive to noise he would have screamed to go home. But in the past couple months he's changed so much including this nice new development of liking loudness (i.e. I can turn up the stereo in the Jeep, the vacuum doesn't send him away screaming anymore). Now if I could just get him to DO the vacuuming...

So by not having to purchase the admission tickets we saved forty bucks. But that didn't keep us from spending another forty on circus merchandise. Yikes.

Flashing LED light sword for Carter - $9.00
Flashing LED necklace for Cooper - $6.00

Cooper freaked soooooooooo bad when he saw Carter's sword and wasn't impressed with the necklace so off I went with Cooper to pick out his own sword. He opted for a cool colour changing torchy thing with fibre optic threads coming out of the end of it. And it kept him VERY happy for a long time. Ecstatic actually. It was so cute.

So to recap:

Flashing LED light sword for Carter - $9.00
Flashing LED necklace for Cooper - $6.00
Flashing LED torchy thing for Cooper - $9.00
Cup of pop and a teensy puff of cotton candy - $6.00
Elephant ride for Carter - $10.00
Enjoying a very fun family night out...PRICELESS!

Below are a couple pictures from the circus. The lighting was crappy because they turn off the arena lights and use spotlights, one of which was pointing right at my camera whenever I tried to get a good picture. But I waited until Mr. Elephant put his head in front of the spotlight and I got at least one good one.

I took a couple videos too - of the tigers and various cool human tricks and of Carter on the elephant, but I don't know who the other kids were on the elephant so I won't be posting it online.




This morning the kids had a circus hangover. It took them a long time to wind down after the circus and a long time for me to wake them up in the morning. No major problems; I just couldn't get breakfast into them before heading out the door so they had toast to go. I brought lunch to Chris at work and had a good day at the office.

I came home from work with the boys and whipped up a yummy chicken stir-fry. I had to leave for Bingo but instead of pigging out at Bingo I decided to bring supper with me. Good move. That stir-fry rocked! Bingo was awesome. I won twice again...enough to almost break both Kelly and me even again. Wheeee!

It's getting wayyyyyyyy late again...gotta go snooze for a few hours before that nasty clock radio starts trying to wake me up.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Wow!!!

Can't wait for the update! What fun!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 9:04:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

OMG...this is gonna be good!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 5:20:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

too funny LOL...great blog! Happy days!

Thursday, May 24, 2007 4:34:00 p.m.  
Blogger Theresa said...

Oh how cool!! Mattea and I rode on an elephant once at the fair. She liked it. I was totally freaked out. I kept thinking "if this elephant wants to dump us and step on us, who's gonna stop him?"

Friday, May 25, 2007 5:04:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home