Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Newsy Newsington

That's me...a lot of news from a regular-sized weekend.

Saturday morning Chris went fishing. He was back by two with a gorgeous limit of fish. Beautiful big fillets of walleye. We didn't end up having them for supper. It was one of those days where we had breakfast for supper. I made yummy very cheesey scrambled eggs with chives and bacon, and Chris had found a package of mysterious sausages in the freezer that his Dad had brought over at some point. So I put them on a baking pan and cooked them crispy and brown in the oven.

I love breakfast for supper! We were out of milk so later in the evening I did a grocery run. I also picked up movies. We watched "Jackass 2" - OMG those guys are crazier and more disgusting than ever! And I picked up "Pan's Labyrinth". But after we had a chat at BSD my poor tired eyes couldn't focus on the subtitles! Bummer there were subtitles - means I can't be on the computer and watch it at the same time! It looks like a magical movie but I'm not sure if I'll try watching it again tonight either.

This morning I believe Carter was up first.I'm wondering what he was up to since when I got up he told me to go back to bed. I'm figuring he was scheming to get into something since what woke me was the sound of his dragging one of the dining room chairs across the floor. Chris tossed around the idea of going fishing again but it was bloody cold out. And windy.

Chris fed the boys some lunch and I made my exit to do some real grocery shopping. It was one of those times where we ran out of laundry soap, dishwasher soap, kleenex, hand soap, dryer sheets, you know, all the freaking expensive stuff...all at once. With very little edible stuff in the cart I exited Wal-Mart with a cart and a receipt worth $113.

I still needed some food items and since we don't have a Super-Duper-Big-Ass Wal-Mart, I went to the grocery store across the road. I wanted to make walleye wraps for supper and just needed to pick up mushrooms and turkey bacon. I also needed a green and red pepper, which I forgot therefore I did without. Anyhoo, they were OUT of mushrooms. I still picked up a few more things including a silly gadget...a Sesame Street ice cube tray. Of course I bought it 'cause there was Grover's little face on it. Now we can have Grover ice cubes. Crazy. Carter thought that was pretty cool though.

So I exited that grocery store forty dollars later and headed to the last grocery store. I found mushrooms and picked up some assorted vegetables and dip to munch on as a snack. Next exit cost me just over twenty dollars. I hate adding up those three receipts. Oy.

I came home and Carter had JUST fallen asleep. Cooper surprisingly passed out a little while later but silly me did not capitalize on naptime by napping myself...

The sun started to peek out as I prepared supper. The preparation of walleye wraps is time consuming but the result is so worth the effort. I cut a package of turkey bacon in half and wrap a chunk of walleye in one of the strips of bacon and put it on a wooden skewer that I actually had the presence of mind to soak in water in advance. I alternate the chunks of fish/bacon with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes and onion...as I mentioned I forgot the peppers so the wraps were delicious, yet not as colourful as usual. Even the boys seemed to like them.

After supper Chris discovered a bird family living on top of a fence post behind one of our lilac bushes and we all went outside to have a look. A cute little family of robins has taken up residence there and the mommy and daddy were quite perturbed that we were intruding. I snuck in and took this picture:


It had gotten much much nicer out, The temperature had gone up over ten degrees since this afternoon. So we played outside for a little while. Cooper loves to run around. RUN. Very cute. I took a bunch of pics of the boys but I'm saving them to make scrapbook pages...because...I'm on a new creative team! I'm very thrilled that I'm on Nina's creative team at Ninascraps! She does beautiful work and I have talked to her a little lately and love her stuff. And now I'm on her team. So I'll have to keep up with the picture taking so I have enough pictures to scrap for two designers! Not to mention I definitely need an external hard drive to store all the graphics of two designers! Birthday...just around the corner...must have external hard drive...500GB would rock. It's on my list. So is a laptop but I'm more likely going to end up with the hard drive.

We came in from playing outside and I made vanilla pudding for dessert. Talk about an easy way to be a hero with the kids. Just whisk for two minutes (with Carter's help of course) and a popular treat is ready to rock.

Cooper and Carter both fell asleep within the past hour. There is nothing good on TV...Chris was watching NASCAR but fell asleep and now there are infomercials on the channel he was watching. I might just try to watch that movie again. Gotta keep my eyes peeled for those subtitles...wish me luck staying awake.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

wow, sounds like an action-packed Sunday.

We watched the race, grilled out hamburgers, and watched Law & Order: CI (with my other PCB) and eventually I fell asleep.

Congrats again on the 2nd team! That's awesome!

. . . oh, and enjoy working today! (snarky)

Monday, May 28, 2007 9:09:00 a.m.  
Blogger Heidi@DigitalCandy said...

OMG those birds are adorable! How lucky you have them so close! You must scrap that....beautiful sign of spring!!

Monday, May 28, 2007 3:01:00 p.m.  
Blogger Ernie said...

Your walleye wraps sound yummy. Can you send us the leftovers?

PS: Don't add up the receipts!

Monday, May 28, 2007 9:08:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

I thought it was meant to be getting warmer up and over? Great pic of the birdies! Congratulations on the team....but not surprising!

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 1:58:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home