Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Pool Day

Ahhhhh. It's finally starting to resemble summer out there. Two days in a row! Today was a far less lazy day than yesterday was; no I didn't take the boys out for a walk yesterday, and no, I didn't go to church today.

I stayed in bed as long as I could this morning. Chris got up with the boys. It sounded like he was getting a little impatient and since I couldn't sleep anymore anyway, I got up. I had a long hot shower. Late in the morning, Chris took Carter for coffee and kept him outside to play after. Cooper went for a nap around lunchtime. I attempted to nap too, though I didn't really need it. Just as I was finally thinking I might doze off, Carter started banging on the door. He was asking for sunscreen and a hat. I slathered him with sunscreen and gave him his hat.

The knocking on the door prematurely woke Cooper from his nap. Dang. I gave him a bath and he had a blast playing by himself without having to share the tub. While he played I dried and ironed my hair. I have a hair appointment this coming Saturday but I might just postpone it since I've been having good hair days lately.

I put on my face and got dressed and took Cooper outside. He played with Chris and Carter for a bit then I took him for a walk to Kelly's house. She and Sabrina were setting up the pool. She has one of those big round pools with the inflatable edge that lifts and floats as you fill it. They had it all set up and Kelly turned on the water. Sabrina had brought one of her scrapbooks and OMG she is an amazing "paper" scrapper. Just like I've always wanted to be. It's still tempting to try after seeing her beautiful book, but in the meantime I'll stick to doing it on the computer.

After Sabrina left Kelly and I walked Cooper down to the grocery store. I picked up milk and bread and Kelly grabbed a few things. Cooper and I walked her back home and came home. Carter was napping on the floor in the living room (not a good spot with a feisty Cooper around!) The nap was shortlived but the boys played a bit before supper. Carter had a bandaid on each knee; Chris said he had a wipeout on the cement in the breezeway while we were gone. I prepared a batter to fry the fresh walleye in that Chris caught yesterday. I prepared potatoes and asparagus and started cooking. The fish was deeeeeeeelicious with the batter despite my fear that it wouldn't be.

After supper I went outside to see if I could find our kiddie pool. It was kind of stuffed between the garage and the fence and I figured it was going to be a write-off. But surprisingly it was just a little muddy on the bottom and needed a bit of cleaning on the inside. I went in and got Cooper and went out to clean the pool. Chris brought Carter out too and we played outside for quite awhile. The pool filled way more quickly than Kelly's...I talked to her a couple hours ago and it was about half full. Oy. Anyhoo, Carter got in and out of the pool a couple times. That water was very cold!

I made water balloons and the boys had fun playing with them. I told them they could bring them in the tub if they came in the house. That worked again; what a great trick! The boys had a long bath and I managed to scrub all the dirt off them. Carter's knees still looked a bit tender when the bandaids started to come off in the tub.

After bathtime I put some ointment and new bandaids on Carter and dressed the boys in their jammies. It wasn't much longer before the boys were both asleep. I had gotten the thumbs-up from Kelly's niece to start printing the baby announcements I designed for her. I printed some but was dying to show Kelly so I half jogged, half walked over to her place to show her. She loved it so I was set to print more. I quarter-jogged and three-quarters-walked back home and printed about a dozen announcements before I ran out of magenta ink. Unfortunately I don't have a replacement but I unearthed a spare yellow cartridge while I was searching.

Now my legs kind of feel like Jell-O but I feel good that I got out and did a few things today. This beautiful weather is very motivating. I love it! I need to get to bed but not before I post this picture. Those eyes. Melt. Me.


Blogger Angie said...

Oh my goodness. . . .could he be any cuter? I seriously doubt it!

Monday, June 04, 2007 1:55:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen Hancock said...

Glad you put your face on to eat fresh fish...gosh you crack me up! Love that photo and how you have altered it...nice one!

Monday, June 04, 2007 6:34:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home