Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Happy TENTH Anniversary!

Wow. Want to make ten years pass quickly? Get married and/or have children. Today is our 10th wedding anniversary. Carter is four, and yesterday Cooper turned 1.5. Wow.

Tuesday night was another rough one for Cooper. He had me up for over an hour again. I think the ice cream gave him a belly ache or something. Either that or those molars moving in have been giving him some serious troubles. So yesterday morning I had a hell of a time getting myself moving. Chris woke me up in the tent. I moved to my bed where my clock radio was on. I pressed snooze and crawled into bed for "just five more minutes".

Ooooooooops. I must have hit the off button instead of the snooze button, because I slept until ten to eight. Yikes. I frantically started to get ready. I was dead on my feet. I almost decided to take the kids to the sitter and call in to work to say I wasn't coming so I could spend the day in bed. I told myself to suck it up and I whipped together everything for the boys, got them and myself dressed and ran out the door. I didn't even have my make-up on; I brought my make-up bag with me so I could just get to work faster.

I zoomed and dropped off the boys and ran to work. Quite ironically, I was there fifteen minutes late, which was close to the time I had spent checking on the fridges on Tuesday evening. And since I'm on summer hours, there wasn't anyone waiting for me yet, though much of the staff had arrived before me. Ugh.

The day went surprisingly well; I was tired but I made it. Right after work I picked up the boys and headed to Mom & Dad's house. Mom was taking me to a ladies' church dinner and I needed something to wear. I borrowed a dress and some cute platform sandals and a necklace. I whipped back home and made supper for the boys and left to meet Mom at the church. First there was a mass and then the dinner. It was a lovely date with my Mom. After the dinner there were apparently skits performed, but I had left since we were completely out of milk and pull-ups. I figured in the two hours I was gone Chris was probably losing it.

It has been pouring rain here for a couple days and I got soaked running to the bank machine and the grocery store. I finally got home and Cooper was running around in "big boy gotchies". It was so comical. Apparently he'd used the last pull-up on a big poop then Chris had to put underwear on him and he'd gone through three pairs. I just had to laugh. I gave both boys milk and got them to bed at a decent hour. I finished up some birth announcements for Kelly's niece and went to bed.

Everyone slept through the night. How blissful. I managed to get up at a decent time and get everyone ready to go this morning. I took the boys to the sitter and had minutes to spare when I got to work. Excellent.

It was a wonderful day, and I was surprisingly greeted with an email from LaWanna Desjardin congratulating me on making her Creative Team. I am very excited! Mom stopped by to bring a card for our anniversary, with a generous gift so we can go out on a date out for dinner. Chris's Dad popped in with a card too and gift cards for groceries and gas. Niiiiiiiice. I brought Chris lunch from Subway. I stopped in at home and found a Happy Anniversary banner and balloon tied to a rock in front of our garage from Chris's Dad. That was sweet.

This afternoon, Cindy stopped in at the office too to bring cards her boys made and a couple raffle tickets for a ten thousand dollar draw that's coming up. Sweeeeeeeet.

I picked up the boys after work and it was still POURING rain. There was a dandy thunder storm most of the afternoon. By the time I ran downtown for some envelopes and back and forth to the Jeep, the boys and I were soaked by the time we got home.

When Chris got home from work I tried to salvage my drowned-rat-hair and did a quick Wal-Mart run for hair dye. I went to the grocery store to try to find something for supper. I bought a little of everything and when I got home Chris opted for hot dogs. Our romantic anniversary dinner consisted of hot dogs. Rock on. Chris went to the video store to grab a couple movies. He got "The Messengers" and "DéjàVu".

Chris went in the boys' room and took out the tent and air mattress and put in the TV we got from my aunt & uncle when they got their new TV last week. It's the same size as the one in our living room so we didn't do all the relocating of switching the two, though I think I want to 'cause theirs is much nicer than ours. Anyhoo, it looks much bigger in the boys' room without the tent in there. It was fun while it lasted, but it was a pain to clean out the tent so much when Carter's pull-up would leak at night. Ugh.

We started watching "The Messengers" and it was sort of freaky but kinda dumb. I think the reason it got to me a little was there was a little baby about Cooper's size and he could see all the creepy dead things that were happening in the freaky house. I didn't detect much of a plot and didn't continue to watch it after Chris fell asleep. Cooper had fallen asleep at (on!) my feet and woke up so I cuddled him awhile and put him to bed.

Then I decided finally to shower and wash my hair so I could dye it. It's probably just that I was watching the freaky movie, but things were falling off the shower walls while I was in there. Like my scrubby-poof thingy and the suction hook that holds it up. And the kids' suction toys were falling too. Freaked me a little. And I kept thinking I heard footsteps. Then when I rinsed the soap from my eyes I opened them and suddenly there was Carter, startling the crap out of me. Next I had to blow-dry my hair since the colour takes better for me on clean, dry hair. I applied the colour and Cooper got back up. He kept me company while the colour set and he watched me rinse it out. He was a little feverish so I gave him some Motrin and cuddled him while he fell asleep again. Now I'm too tired to do anything with my hair so I should look like Medusa in the morning. I'll keep you posted.

Here is a layout I did using Nina's "Life is Beautiful" kit with a couple elements from LaWanna Desjardin. When I post it to my galleries I'll put the link to the credits here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

What a sweetie. VERY cute smile. No wonder 10 years went by so fast with a hubby like that!

Just wait until TWENTY years go by. Then the kids are grown & there is an empty nest. Ya know...it's just around the corner! Watch out.

Congrats on the CT! Have great fun on L.DJ's team.

"Bob"

Saturday, June 09, 2007 2:32:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Congratulations on ten years. You guys are such a fun little family! (nice legs, Chris -- even though they're not in the picture!)

I have yet to be greeted by a little one during a shower, but I'm sure it's coming!

Saturday, June 09, 2007 1:20:00 p.m.  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

Well Happy Anniversary! Belated anyway. Wait till you get to 25 Years! It seems like just yesterday we got married. heehee

Sunday, June 10, 2007 1:53:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Glad to hear there is some sleep in there....I hope those boys behave for you. I just love the LO of Chris, Melly! It has such a dreamy personal touch to it....like a private conversation. TFS! A wonderful tribute to ten years together. Hugs Melly!

Sunday, June 10, 2007 2:10:00 a.m.  
Blogger *~*Jill*~* said...

Happy Anniversary! What an awesome accomplishment, sweets!!

I am Lovin' that LO!! WTG making LeWanna's team. Great news :)

Sunday, June 10, 2007 12:13:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home