Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Somebody Please Get Me a Laptop

A big-ass one with tons of RAM and a ginormous hard drive with a combo DVD burner. And it wouldn't hurt to have the latest version of Adobe Photoshop (Creative Suite 3). After all, my birthday is coming up...(dream on Melly).

Anyhoo, I actually took my computer to work today. My non-laptop, desktop model. Since I have Photoshop on my home computer and don't have it at the office, and I needed to do some work projects that I haven't had the time or the inclination to stay up overly late to try to accomplish, I took it with me.

I did what I needed to and it was quite convenient. Though a laptop would be a little easier to transport!

After work I was exhausted. Seems odd since I've gone to bed early a couple nights in a row. You'd think I should be caught up on my sleep. Nope. Chris kept Carter outside to play for awhile and I was falling asleep on the couch. Chris came in and got Cooper too and I snoozed a little until Chris knocked on the window.

He wanted me to look outside at Cooper, who was sitting IN a mud puddle quite happily splashing away. Unfortunately the moment was over before I could get my camera. Chris asked me to run a bath for the boys and he brought them in. I peeled off their soaking clothes and they both climbed in the tub full of bubbles.

After they were dry and dressed in their jammies I finally started making supper. I hadn't taken anything out of the freezer earlier but when I got home I started defrosting some chicken breasts and I was gonna whip something up.

I ended up seasoning and cooking the chicken breasts on the stove. I quickly nuked some potatoes and cauliflower and broccoli and made some hollandaise sauce. Supper would have been so ordinary without the hollandaise. Yum.

After supper I put my computer back together and tidied up all the wires and tied up all the excess cord lengths with twist ties. It's much tidier. THEN my printer bit the biscuit. I was printing the stuff I was working on at the office, and the photos seemed to look like they were almost colourless. I did all the printer maintenance and stuff and it seemed like black ink was coming out of all the cartridges. I freaked. I cleaned the print heads, did 392845235 alignments and it's almost normal but it seems after all the cleaning cycles I did that I'm out of blue ink. Hopefully all will be well when I get a new cartridge.

I haven't done any scrapping tonight and I have a couple new projects to tackle. I just feel so tired I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it tonight. I'll see how far I get.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

and I thought *I* was having a blue thursday. . . .

Thursday, June 14, 2007 11:18:00 p.m.  
Blogger *~*Jill*~* said...

You wrote on my bathroom wall: "And anytime you don't feel like blogging just tell me and I'll do an entry based on what you tell me on Hello that you've been up to! heehee"

Greeeeeat. You can tell the (limited) scrapping world all about my drunken debauchery and how I neglect my small child (by not wanting to go outside in 95+ degree weather) in favor of staying inside and playing on the computer - LOL

Saturday, June 16, 2007 8:33:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Good luck with the computer wishing...Den wants to set me up with a second screen....looking forward to that! Sssooo glad I married a techno head!

Saturday, June 16, 2007 6:24:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home