Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Weekend is Here

Actually the weekend started for me yesterday. My babysitter needed the day off for her son's graduation so I took the day off to hang with my boys. Chris and I made plans to go out tonight - first for dinner; sort of a late anniversary celebration for us, and second to a 25th anniversary party. So yesterday we had Jocelyn (our first-ever evening babysitter other than family so far) come over to meet the boys before coming to babysit them tonight. That went well.

After I dropped her off at home I stopped by the office with the boys. I wasn't missing out on much; apparently it was a quiet Friday at the office with much of the staff off. I stopped at DQ to get the boys ice cream and brought a cone to Chris. I saw my parents drive by so I followed them home so I could raid my Mom's closet to find something nice to wear tonight.

I took the boys home and we had a great barbecue for supper when Chris came home. Burgers and coleslaw and chips. Today the boys (two days in a row) let me sleep in until after eight. That rocked. We got up and had breakfast and played quite nicely until Chris came home. I coloured my hair and showered and picked up some snacks for the boys and the sitter for tonight.

I picked up the babysitter at five and stopped at McDonald's for happy meals. I dropped her off at my house and gave her a barrage of information while I got dressed and ready to go out for dinner. We got away just fine while the boys were eating and we went for dinner with Cindy & Bob. I had a faaaaaantastic pepper steak with a baked potato and veggies. We had scallops au gratin for an appetizer and silly me ordered a caesar salad too. It wasn't a small side salad, so I only ate half of it for fear I'd be too full to eat my whole supper.

I ate every item on my plate and it was goooooooooood. I had a Caesar to drink before dinner and switched to Coke since I was driving. After dinner we went downstairs to the anniversary party. It was a great event. I can't believe I was TEN when I went to their wedding twenty-five years ago! There was a lot of our family and extended family there and it was great to see everyone.

We called it a night pretty early since it was our first time with the new babysitter. I came home to bring her home and both boys were sleeping. Obviously she did a great job! I took her home and did a quick Timmy's run. Mom and Dad and my aunts and uncles were there. I brought home the coffees and cappuccinos for Cindy and Chris and Bob and me. They visited for a bit then went home. I'll post a couple pictures tomorrow. I'm outta here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Hey there, I was feeling all sad that I haven't seen you on line - - now I know why!!!

What fun. . .I cannot wait to see pictures!

Sunday, June 24, 2007 5:21:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home