Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Bright, Sun-Shiny Day!

Friday was gorgeous. Saturday was gorgeous. We had a couple gnarly thunderstorms in between but it was a beautiful weekend.

Today - topped them all. Fairly early this morning Chris had Carter outside playing in the pool. Not warm water. Oy. Cooper of course wanted in on the action. I sent him out with Chris while I got ready and I went outside to slather the boys in sunscreen. It was already HOT out. They cavorted and splashed for quite awhile. I had hoped to take them to a park today but when we brought them in it was close to lunch and naptime so by the time Cooper's (and my) naps were over, it was nearly time to get ready to go to my parents' house for supper.

We stopped at the grocery store so I could get my missing ingredients to bring my taco salad and we headed out. Chris went in his truck so he could pull his boat to Mom and Dad's and park it there for the summer. The boys played in the lake and it was soooooo cool (and a little scary) to see how brave they are in the water. Have to watch them like a hawk! I took a few pictures.

Carter hip-wading


Cooper testing the waters.


The boys doing their own thing...love the expressions on their faces!

In attendance were my sister and her family, my parents, us, Uncle Cliff & Auntie Lurdes, and Uncle Bob & Auntie Josie. The food was plennnnnnnnntiful. Dad deep-fried the french fries and then the mountain of fish in beer batter. There were salads GALORE. Potato salad, macaroni salad, taco salad, broccoli salad. Fruit tray, cake, the list went ON! And it was so incredibly gorgeous we all sat outside the whole time.

I had brought a few changes of clothing for the boys anticipating their frequent trips to dip in the lake. I love it when I'm prepared like that. They had a great time! Me too. It was an awesome weekend. Back to work tomorrow...one more week 'til vacation!

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Whoo hoo. . . so you and I are going to be on "vacation" at the same time, right?

This could be dangerous.

Monday, June 25, 2007 3:26:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

ooohhh vacation time! Great pics Melly...glad to see its warming up. How cool is Cooper! Adorable

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 4:23:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home