Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Fifteen Feet From The Cup

No, I didn't go golfing today, and if I had, I'd be plenty farther than fifteen feet from the cup. I'm talkin' about the Stanley Cup. Chris Pronger brought it home today and a few of us darted out of the office to have a peek of that shiny gleaming symbol as it drove by (fastest parade I've ever seen...likely 20 miles per hour!) Here is a picture.

My babysitter and her family are ginormous hockey fans and she took all the kids she was babysitting down to the arena for the festivities. After work I picked up the boys at the arena. We came home and when Chris got home we got ready to go to Cindy's for Jessica's birthday cake. We had a great visit.

We came home and the boys fell asleep shortly after. As I started scanning pictures for one of my friends at work, I checked my email and received an email from my friend Kendra's husband Les with earth-shattering news that Kendra has just been diagnosed with AML. Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Oh God Please help her. She's been through so much these past couple years and I just want her to get better. I wish I could find a way to get there. My heart is aching. Please help me pray for my friend. I called and talked to Les but I didn't think I was ready to talk to Kendra. I sucked it up and tried to call her but there was a nurse in with her. I tried a zillion more times but it was starting to get late so I imagine she had the phone off for the night. I will try again tomorrow. In the meantime, I pray.
My Friend Kendra
Between last night and tonight I've scanned 127 pictures and there is another pack of them to go. But it was a breeze since I was working on some thank you cards for another coworker and blogging at the same time and printing two other small projects. Multitasking rocks. And I told myself I'd go to bed by 1:00. I have 15 minutes left. I just don't know if I'll be able to sleep.

I was hoping to touch base with Angie today but everything else happened! I've been thinking about you all day, girl! And a special shout-out to Beth for our one-year "anniversary". I realized after-the-fact that Saturday was my "blogaversary"...I've been blogging for a whole year already!?!? I owe thanks to Angie and Beth and Helen and my few other regular readers/commenters that encouraged me to keep it up. Good night blogosphere. I'm so very weary.

4 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

so many commnets that i have... first i will have to make sure Tony reads about Lord Stanley's cup... and 2nd... I got news yesterday that a friend died unexpectedly, the loss of it staggered me, so it it with an understanding heart that I am praying for you and Kendra's family, and thank you too for a swell ride this past year... you got me thru a long hard summer.... I am grateful

Thursday, June 28, 2007 6:45:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Hey girl! It's me. I just found the "oomph" to sit up for a few minutes this morning. I'm pretty sore. No narcotics since last night, so I'm trying to wean off.

Happy Blogaversary. I cannot believe we're looking at a year already.

I'm so sorry to hear about Kendra. We will be praying BIG time!! Cool pic of the Stanley Cup. I'll be sending Mark over to look at it! : )

A

Thursday, June 28, 2007 9:20:00 a.m.  
Blogger Mark Aubrey said...

A things that I don't normally say to another guy, "Hey, Chris, nice cup."

Thursday, June 28, 2007 10:29:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Sleep well dear friend! What a day...the highs and lows of life! Thank you for a year of friendship, fun, love and laughter.....thank you for allowing me to be a part of all the up and over news!

Thursday, June 28, 2007 10:32:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home