Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Happy Melany Day!

Oops. I mean Happy Canada Day...but it really was all about me today! This morning we went to the pancake breakfast at the Legion with my parents. It's a tradition we've had going for a number of years. We came home and I was yearning for a nap (because I'm so damn old now) but I was too busy. Chris's Grandpa stopped in to wish me a Happy Birthday. I had to run to the grocery store to get stuff to make a salad to bring to Mom & Dad's for supper.

Then it was time to go to Bingo! I've never gone on a Sunday afternoon before. Or on my birthday. So it was extra special! Kelly and Sabrina picked me up. On our way to Tim Horton's Kelly presented me with a yummy toffee vodka cooler along with the direction that I was to drink it on the way to Bingo. Hilarious. She handed me a "church key" which was the bottle opener for the cooler. I'd never heard that expression and got a big kick out of it. She had hoped to bring me some Mott's Clamato Caesars, but the LCBO was closed.

At Bingo my $20 admission was free because of my birthday. Sweeeeet. Kelly went all out for my birthday...she had a mylar balloon attached to a cup full of scratch tickets (and the cup was supposed to be for the Caesars). Cool. She brought chocolate cupcakes and candles and lit the candle on my cupcake. We had a blast and I actually won the "diamond" game...so I sort of got a diamond for my birthday! The prize was a hundred and fifty bucks. Niiiiiiiice. And we just about DIED because Kelly needed just one number for $14,700 in the arrow game. I really thought she was going to win. Regardless, we had funnnnnnn and during intermission when I came back from using the washroom, Kelly had lit up another cupcake for me. Gooooooooood times.

We came back and they dropped me off at the turnoff to my parents' house where Chris and the boys met up with us. We went to Mom and Dad's for a barbecue with Cindy and her family and some of her extended family from Thunder Bay, Uncle Cliff and Auntie Lurdes and some friends of my Dad's. I brought my usual oriental salad and there were hamburgers, my salad, potato salad, tossed salad, tons of fruit and of course birthday cake.

It was kind of crappy out but the kids played outside a little and everyone had a great visit. Before we left I helped Mom a bit with kitchen duty then we left to go home to get ready to go watch the fireworks. I dressed the boys in warm clothes and grabbed some blankets. I loaded the stroller in the Jeep and we headed down to the government dock to try to find a spot. We parked and tucked the boys into the stroller with blankets and glow bracelets. We walked down to the marina and found a good watching spot. Someone was coming toward us with a flashlight and we figured we were going to get kicked off the property, but the gentleman asked if we needed anything and I told him we were just hoping to watch the fireworks from there. He was kind enough to advise us it had been postponed until tomorrow. ::Sigh::

We came home and the boys who had already both fallen asleep on our way home from Mom and Dad's were ready for bed. I had many calls and messages to wish me a Happy Birthday today. From Janet, Tricia, Cecelia, Angie (she got me on the cell phone :) Roberta, Auntie Bev, Kathy, numerous emails and a ton of Facebook messages and forum messages from all the scrapbooking forums I'm subscribed to including a gift certificate from Nina (on of the designers I'm on a creative team for). It's been a great day. I feel very blessed. It's been a great birthday! Now I'm going to get my old self to bed.

P.S. A big Happy Birthday to all my birthday twins...I can think of at least five of them!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it sure sounds like you had a busy (and wonderful) day! Love the title of your post, btw! :)

Monday, July 02, 2007 12:41:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

We celebrated "Melany Day" all day long!

I'm glad it was a good one.

Monday, July 02, 2007 3:53:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Sounds like a good day...nice one Melly! I think it should be called "Melly Day" from hereon!

Monday, July 02, 2007 5:14:00 p.m.  
Blogger Kathy said...

Hi Melany, glad to hear that you had a great birthday...happy winnings at Bingo as well. Hope you have a great two weeks off!

Monday, July 02, 2007 6:01:00 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY I think your birthday sounded so Exciting. Wish I could have been there to tell you too and share in the that fun at BINGO!!! WOW!!! your into money now!! LOL :) Hugs:)

Monday, July 02, 2007 8:08:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home