Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Remains of the Day

Well I finally blogged yesterday, though it was much earlier in the day than I usually blog, so I feel compelled to write about the rest of the day. Though unlikely, it's possible that I caught the shopping bug from Angie (unlikely because I believe I already possessed the bug!) and I went to Wal-Mart while Chris played outside with the kids. I picked up milk and pull-ups and wipes and new sandals for Carter that were on clearance, as well as a bunch of shorts and t-shirts for both boys. I didn't take pictures of all the loot like Angie did, but I spent about sixty bucks. I did a McDonald's run on the way home and we picnicked outside on the food when I got home.

When we came inside I realized I had movies to return so I took Carter to the video store. We rented "Stuart Little" for him and "Premonition" for the grown-ups. Though before "Stuart Little" was over, one of the grown-ups was fast asleep so I didn't bother to put "Premonition" on since I'd have been watching it by myself. I did some scrapping that I needed to do for the Race and chatted with Angie and Vicky. I stayed up way too late as usual but I'm almost caught up on my race layouts. Here's one I did for the journaling challenge at Butternug Squash Designs.

Amazing Digiscrapping RaceNow it's Saturday morning and I have the boys fed and dressed in their new shorts and t-shirts. It doesn't look overly nice outside so I don't think we'll go out until maybe this afternoon if the sun comes out. In the meantime we're watching round two of "Stuart Little " and the boys are playing with the new squishy spiky ball toys that I picked up for them last night. The next challenge in the Race is for just one of the team members so Vicky and I are both doing a layout and she'll flip a coin for who gets to post for our team challenge.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yummers! said...

I just hopped on over from Angie's blog. I love your layout with the note from your dad attached. It is so wonderful and sentimental. I scrap but have just started sewing due to inspiration from many bloggers. I'm loving it, but have some scrapping to get caught up on. I have some layouts in my posts someplace if you want to take a peek.
Off to sew.
Joni

Saturday, August 04, 2007 2:18:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Love this layout, my friend! You are the bomb, girl!!

Saturday, August 04, 2007 3:19:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home