Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Mr. Mushy

This morning was a normal one as far as getting going and out of the house. Made it to work early and had a decent morning. Chris called me at the office just before lunch and wanted to meet me for lunch. This. Never. Happens. He always works through lunch. I often bring lunch to him and he takes five seconds to wolf something down then gets back to work. So I was puzzled as to why he actually wanted to go out for lunch!

We met at Subway and it turned out it was quiet at the shop so he took the afternoon off. I went back to work and felt all tired and achy again by mid-afternoon. Stupid Aunt Flo. Knocks me down every time. I picked up the boys and came home.

I needed to run to the grocery store to pick up stuff to make a taco salad tomorrow. We're having a pot-luck luncheon for our summer students that are returning to school in a couple weeks. We took a collection for gifts for them and I also ran to the store for wrapping paper and stuff.

I came home and cooked pork medallions and rice and corn for supper. I didn't feel up to eating so I went to lie down for awhile. Chris ate with the boys. I felt a little better after I rested, but my headache (still) isn't gone. I'm thinkin' maybe I need to go to sleep? Duh.

I finally finished my layout for challenge eleven of The Race. We had to scrap about our favourite movie and how it relates to our life. Well, I scrapped my favourite movie, but I sure hope it doesn't relate to my life! Other than the fact that when I need a laugh and haven't seen it in awhile I watch it again.

Chris occasionally complains that he gets a sore back from our bed. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but we have had it for eight years so far. Anyhoo, I said it's fine for me but it's my favourite pillow that I can't find. He said, "What about your Mr. Mushy? It's there." I busted a gut laughing. A few years ago I started sleeping with an old mushed up feather pillow and for some reason I named it. And my family also refers to my pillow by name. And I laughed just hard enough that something popped in my back and my headache eased up a bit. Crazy.

I just finished browning the ground beef to make the taco salad. But I don't want to cut the lettuce yet so it won't turn brown. I'll try to drag my ass out of bed early enough so I have the time for it in the morning. Now I'll go rinse and drain the kidney beans and wrap the presents and get to bed. I'm toast!

Christy created a gorgeous new kit this week called "Ribbet". I'm almost done a layout with it but I'm way too fried to put the finishing touches on it tonight. So hopefully I'll get it done tomorrow evening. I'm a goner.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Love the LO, my friend. Yes, I am back!

Mark's sleeping where the laptop resides, so I'm stuck on the desktop.

More blogs to read. . .

Sunday, August 26, 2007 1:37:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home