Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

It's Been a Long Week

After taking Carter to school on Monday, and seeing his enthusiasm for it, I was really excited about taking him on Wednesday. And I think the practice run kept me from turning into a sobbing mess when we actually had to go. I just grinned from ear to ear when I took him for real. He jumped right in and started playing. Sooooo cute.

All week I went to sleep between nine and ten each night. It's amazing what a full night's sleep can do for a person. I don't think I've yawned in a week! It's a good thing I did get an early start on a couple of those nights since Cooper did his best to keep me awake a few times in the middle of the night.

Tuesday I did a grocery run and grabbed hot dogs and steaks. We opted for hot dogs and invited Mom and Dad for supper Wednesday night. Dad had his golf night on Wednesday so they didn't come. I marinated two gorgeous tenderloin steaks and Dave and Heather stopped by. I didn't want to freeze the other steaks so we asked them to stay for supper. I marinated all the steaks and made a Caesar salad and baked potatoes and corn. Deeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious. I'm so glad I finally picked up some propane last weekend so we can finally barbecue again.

Yesterday we went to Mom and Dad's for supper. Mom made an awesome stew, similar to one her mom used to make. It was a ginormous pot of stew but we almost made it all disappear, along with Cindy and the kids.

My internet has been acting up again. Seems like when the weather gets cool and damp (by the way it SNOWED here yesterday) my internet goes kerflooey. I tried off and on for two hours to get through to technical support. They're supposed to send someone on Tuesday. In the meantime it's working again but it keeps cutting out.

This morning I got to 'sleep in' until about seven. I started organizing things in the basement a little in anticipation that the cable guy is going to need to totally reinstall our cable lines into the house. It's a jungle down there! I hope to tackle it some more if these little monkeys take a nap. I'm doubting it. This morning Cooper removed his diaper...this is a recent trick he pulls if I don't keep pants on him! He came up to the couch and wiped something on the couch and said Poop. It was poop. Oy. I grabbed him and put him on the toilet (he's been doing a good job lately going on the toilet) and he finished the job. But I wasn't convinced that was the whole job. I found the remainder of it on the kitchen floor. Yeah, it was gross. Note to self...keep the diaper AND pants on this kid. Fortunately the toxic mess was easy to contain.

Right now Carter and Cooper are running in circles in the living room with buckets on their heads pretending to be astronauts...I think I need to go find them a spacecraft.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

We did the "poop on the floor" routine earlier this week.

Oy.

Saturday, September 15, 2007 9:07:00 p.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

I am just catching up... you got snow!!!!??? wow, melinda and earl are coming for American Tgiving and we are hoping for snow as last year Christmas was pretty disappointing for them...and so cool about Carter liking school...

Monday, September 17, 2007 8:15:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home