Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, September 07, 2007

Vindicated!

Vindicated, exonerated, exculpated...this is me.

synonyms EXCULPATE, ABSOLVE, EXONERATE, ACQUIT, VINDICATE mean to free from a charge. EXCULPATE implies a clearing from blame or fault often in a matter of small importance <exculpating himself from the charge of overenthusiasm>. ABSOLVE implies a release either from an obligation that binds the conscience or from the consequences of disobeying the law or committing a sin absolved of blame>. EXONERATE implies a complete clearance from an accusation or charge and from any attendant suspicion of blame or guilt <exonerated by the investigation>. ACQUIT implies a formal decision in one's favor with respect to a definite charge acquit the defendant>. VINDICATE may refer to things as well as persons that have been subjected to critical attack or imputation of guilt, weakness, or folly, and implies a clearing effected by proving the unfairness of such criticism or blame vindicated.

My thought process for the day centered around feeling like crap about my movie store incident yesterday. I pretty much bitched about it incessantly any chance I got. I was very tempted to go the video store today but didn't have the inner strength rebuilt to deal with the movie nazi again (yet). She really drained me and I hate feeling that way. I picked up the boys and came home.

After Chris came home I did a McDonald's run. We had a picnic in the living room. Last week when I was off with the kids I decided it was way past time to fight the battle with Carter for pooping on the toilet. I stopped giving him pull-ups, even at night because he would just poop in it if given the chance. I had some extra bedding to wash over the week but the little turkey would not poop. It's been OVER A WEEK. So FINALLY he was exhibiting signs of dumpage. I put him on the toilet and was not going to give in until he pooped there. He sat for quite awhile but wasn't ready.

I had planned on renting movies this weekend but was too chicken to go back to the video store. I was going to see if that woman was working and if so I would keep driving and rent a movie at the grocery store. I saw that her car wasn't there so I went in. Now yesterday I was accused of being mean, which I honestly didn't think I was...but this was a tad...

I walked in and there were two employees at the counter. As I walked past them I muttered to them, "Is the rotten troll here?" Yeah, it was mean but for some reason I didn't care anymore. The girl behind the counter sort of got a puzzled look on her face and just said no. I went to get two movies and brought them to the counter. The girl asked if I was referring to the movie nazi. I said yes and proceeded to advise her of the events of my brief encounter yesterday, so there was another staff member aware of my conflict. I was served very politely and helpfully by the girl at the counter and went on my way.

I came home and Carter was still on the toilet. It was Chris's turn to hang out with him and encourage him to poop. I was chatting with Jill and I was on the phone a bit with Kelly and my Mom. Then the phone rang...I answered and it was...the movie nazi herself! I was floored. She said she had calls in to two district managers to find out why the automated calls were coming to me, and found out it was through Chris's account (which is the same as mine but in his name I guess.) Regardless, neither of us has had any late movies, or any movies at all for at least a week and a half. Anyhoo, she said that when I was in I was supposed to get a free rental credit on my account. I guess she must have shown up right after I was there or saw me leave or something so she found out my name since I had just rented, and decided to call me.

She asked me if that was satisfactory to me and my short reply was yes. There was a long pause and I don't recall what she said next but I very nicely and calmly told her I wanted her to know that I didn't appreciate her calling me "mean" yesterday when I was just asking her a question. We conversed and I told her I'm just one customer but I find she comes across as rude and if she would slow down a bit and deal with customers and staff it would be a more pleasant place. I said a video store should be a fun place for people to work. She said it is and she spoils "her kids". Meaning the staff, I presume.

She said it's taking a few years for people to realize this is "the way she is and the way she always has been". I said something about how it makes me feel uncomfortable and she said there are two sides to every story or something and I said something like I'm not trying to be mean or picking on her but I wanted her to know that is how she makes me feel when I'm there.

The conversation ended nicely, with my thanks for the free rental and my wish for her to have a good weekend. I could feel my blood pressure returning to normal almost immediately. I think that went well. I think I'll sleep much better tonight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I am so proud of you!

Friday, September 07, 2007 11:28:00 p.m.  
Blogger *~*Jill*~* said...

LoL - I don't know if proud is the word I'd use... but I am thrilled you're no longer Grouchy mcBosser ;)

GET some SLEEP lady!!

Monday, September 10, 2007 1:36:00 a.m.  
Blogger Ernie said...

Glad you had the opportunity to clear the air. Some people do not "present" well to others - for various reasons. It sounds as if this woman could use some lessons in customer interaction. Being in retail "That's just the way I am" doesn't really cut it...

Monday, September 10, 2007 11:06:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home