Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, October 07, 2007

So Freaking Stuffed

I'm still leaning back and groaning from Thanksgiving dinner this evening. I ate everything in sight. Well, almost. I had to skip a few pies in order to wolf down the other stuff I loaded my plate with.

We had a fantastic array of food. We're talking feast here, folks. There was turkey (of course) mashed potatoes and gravy (of course) ham, meatballs, an awesome Portuguese fish/potato dish, oriental salad, coleslaw, stuffing, mashed turnips, purple cabbage with apple (a seemingly odd concoction I thought frightening but was very delicious!). There were at least three different pies for dessert, rosettes, and a multi-level creamy pastry dish topped with blueberry sauce. But the pièce de résistance was the blueberry perogies. Deeeeee-lish.

The boys had some fun running around outside before supper but nobody did any running after supper. We came home just in time to catch Desperate Housewives. Both boys fell asleep on or near me while I was watching it and they stayed asleep so we carried them to bed after the show was over. Cooper was on my arm and Carter was at the foot of the couch so I couldn't get up without Chris helping me for fear of waking them.

I've been chatting with Jill and I suddenly remembered the Double-Stuf Oreos I bought earlier today. And despite the mountain of food I ate earlier, I managed to eat five of them before I was fully refilled. Oy. Silly me.

And here's a brand new development...I just signed on as a CT member for NDISB. I'm already there ALL the time, so it was a "natural" transition for me. I look forward to it; they're an awesome bunch over there!

And now as it seems, the tryptophan is taking over my body and I must sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger *~*Jill*~* said...

I, as well as NDISB as a whole, am SO thrilled to have you!! SO thrilled...

Sunday, October 07, 2007 11:02:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home