Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Cold Rain

Oh it's getting so icky out. It poured rain today...a cold cold rain. There's a big difference between rain in the summer and rain in the fall. I even used my umbrella today instead of just trying to dodge the drops.

Work was another quick day. There is a lot of extra stuff going on with flu season coming up. At lunchtime I brought Chris the rest of the stew from Auntie Maggie.

After work Kelly came with me to the grocery store so I wouldn't have to haul the kids through the rain into the store just to get buns for supper. Thanks again, Kelly! I dropped her off and we came home. I prepared a meatloaf for supper and browned some ground beef to make chili tomorrow. I have it in the crock pot and I'm going to let it simmer all day tomorrow. I've never tried it that way; I'm sure it will be fine. And it will be so awesome to walk in the house after work to supper already cooked!

So we had meatloaf and potatoes and green beans for supper. We even conned Carter into eating about half his beans. Reverse psychology still rocks once in awhile around here. Chris went to the shop tonight to install the hitch on the Jeep. That will come in handy. I haven't done anything on the computer tonight; I promised myself another early bedtime and here it is already after eleven...Mellykat out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Hey there, girl! I had a rough night. . . see my blog. . .

So, after checking e-mail one last time (10 p.m.) I sat and crocheted a Christmas present.

Today's a better day. Hope you're not still dodging rain drops. We are, and we're very grateful!!!!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 8:24:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home