Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, November 04, 2007

The Incredible Vanishing Weekend!

Friday was a good day. A few of us girls from the office went downtown for lunch. To the same place as Thursday. So I got to fulfill my craving for the taco fries. Yum!

Friday evening was a quiet one. I made ham and perogies for supper and the boys seemed to dig it. They were both asleep at a decent time and so was I. I went to bed by nine-thirty. I must be seriously catching up on some sleep.

Yesterday I tried to stay in bed as long as possible, but the boys got up before I did. I came out to the living room to find both of them with a sucker in each hand and some assorted candy wrappers strewn about. And Carter's little recliner chair had been relocated next to the entertainment stand, where there had been a bowl of candy leftover from Halloween. It's amazing how well they get along and work together when they're up to something sneaky and/or BAD. After their breakfast of champions, I fed them toast and milk. I did a quick little marathon swish and swipe throughout the house and tidied the kitchen since Seija and Ian were coming for supper.

I was going to make a traditional Cedar Point Lodge meal but just before I went grocery shopping I opted to make Angie's Creamy Chicken Enchiladas. Good choice. I quickly phoned Angie before I left for the store to ask her what she usually has with it. She suggested making a corn and black bean salsa which for some reason unbeknownst to me sounded like something I wouldn't like. I didn't rule it out completely though, but when I found the salsa salad kit I went for it. It's one of those premade salad kits and this one comes with a little packet of tortilla chip strips, a little packet of grated cheese, a salsa'n'sour cream dressing packet and one more packet with salsa. I bought two packs. I also did buy some salsa and some tortilla chips to munch on.

I came home and snuck in a little rest. I won't say nap since it wasn't naptime for the boys any longer. I might have lightly dozed a couple times. I got up and started preparing supper. Seija and Ian arrived just as I was putting the final touches on the enchiladas...the grated cheese and the heavy cream. Seija had read about this sinfully good meal on my blog and was curious to try it. When they arrived I advised them to check any lactose or other dairy issues at the door. We visited while the enchiladas baked and I tossed the salad.

When we sat down to eat, Chris grabbed the new jug of salsa that I had picked up. Apparently I can't read sometimes, because I accidentally bought southwestern salsa. I only have ever had regular salsa. When I read the label, it indicated the ingredients were corn and black beans. How ironic. I tried a bit and it was fine. Chris loved it. And my guests liked the meal; everyone was full before we even tore into Seija's delicious key lime pie. A nice, cool and light dessert.

We visited for awhile watching hockey, then opted to put on the movie Transformers. The special effects were fabulous; it made for an ass-kicking thrill ride. My favourite thing of course was when the robots would transform. You can't NOT think that part is cool. After Seija and Ian left I watched a little bit of MAD TV and Saturday Night Live but I was sleepy and crashed shortly after.

This morning I tried so hard to stay in bed. With turning the clocks back an hour because of Daylight Savings Time, the boys were up really early. At nine I got a call from a friend whose house I was supposed to be at to help her with her computer. Ooooooooops. I totally forgot, and felt terribly about it! I quickly dressed and brushed my hair and put on a bit of makeup and ran out the door with Cooper. Chris was going out to work on his truck and he dressed Carter in warm clothes and took him out with him.

I helped with a few software issues and her daughter was awesome helping wrangle Cooper while I was there. We even left to get a couple discs in town and Cooper was fine with her while we were gone. Cooper fell asleep on the way home and I put him in his bed. Carter was asleep on the couch, so I went to try for a nap. Not really because I was tired but because both boys were asleep simultaneously! I dozed for almost an hour before I heard the boys stomping around.

For supper we had awesomely delicious spaghetti, thanks to Cindy who brought us two big barrels of sauce they had leftover. The boys didn't eat an impressive amount, but I did. Two plates' worth.

After supper we watched Mr. Brooks, starring Kevin Costner, William Hurt, Demi Moore and Dane Cook. It was pretty bizarre but interesting. The boys cooperated when I told them it was a grown-up movie and stayed in their room for the most part. However, they were up to no good for a large part of that time and I had to keep going in to stop them from jumping on the beds and chucking toys all over. At one point they seemingly had a SPITTING contest with their milk. Onto each other. Cooper came out to the living room and his hair was soaked. Gross. I yelled and took away the milk and gave Cooper a swish and swipe. I was mostly ticked that there was milk spat all over the duvet I just took to the laundromat last week. Oh well. That one can fit in our washing machine if necessary.

The movie was still on when Desperate Housewives started, but I didn't stop the movie as I had planned to. I was really curious to see how it would end. I missed about fifteen minutes of Desperate Housewives but I actually survived. I'm trying to stay awake to catch the beginning of it at ten o'clock but I don't think I'm going to make it. I really want to get some scrapping done but I'm going to need to drink some caffeine if I ever plan on staying up past nine these days! And I'd bet my bottom dollar that those boys of mine will be up good'n'early because of the time change!

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I'm still tickled that you called me. . . and just now, it "bleeped" at me. . . saying that you've e-mailed me back.

Could it get any better!?!?!

Love this post. And, I'm still grinning about the corn & bean salsa. (. . .I was right!)

Monday, November 05, 2007 3:37:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Taco fries....yum! Sound great. Can't wait for Hugh to see Transformers. Glad you gave it a thumbs up. Glad to see food is still high on your agenda Up and Over. Have a great week :)

Wednesday, November 07, 2007 4:11:00 a.m.  
Blogger Bob said...

Hmmmm. You got such a busy life!

How do you ever do it?

Thursday, November 08, 2007 3:05:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home