Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween Hangover

I. Am. Tired.

I was asleep, yes, asleep, not just in bed...by ten o'clock last night. Cooper woke up coughing in the middle of the night and I didn't sleep great or very much after that. I took the boys to Alana's this morning and went to work. The first flu clinic was today, plus a couple other regularly scheduled clinics within the office so there was plenty of activity around there. Plus I received the supply order I sent in for yesterday and had tons of stuff to put away. It was a great, quick morning.

I met up with Mom and Aunties Lurdes and Maggie for lunch at the Chinese restaurant downtown. When I arrived, Mom and Auntie Lurdes already had their food and I was hungry and torn between ordering one of either of their meals. I opted for the shrimp with mixed vegetables that Auntie Lurdes was eating. Mom had the taco fries. I'm definitely going to have them next time. The shrimp dish was amazing; more shrimp than anywhere in any meal ever. I ate as much as I possibly could then took the leftovers to Chris for lunch and there were still so many shrimp left it was awesome. We all read our fortunes in the cookies and I took them so we can get lottery tickets together. Mom bought my lunch (thanks again, Mommy) and I bolted to take Carter to school.

I got a call from Carter's teacher just after three-thirty saying no one was there to walk him home. Uh...DUH...because I was supposed to go get him on my coffee break, which I didn't take this afternoon. Alana's son had stayed home from school so he wasn't there to walk Carter home. I had said, oh, no problem...I'll just duck out for a minute to get him. Well, I had forgotten about that before I even got to work. Fortunately, Dominic and Noah were there and were able to walk him to Alana's house. Cindy picked them all up on their way and dropped Carter off for me. Lucky me. Alana called tonight to say her son would be staying home again tomorrow to give me enough notice so (1) I would remember, and (2) so I could see if my nephews could walk with him tomorrow. It's all a go so I shouldn't have any embarrassing moments of forgetting to pick up my son again!

We had an easy-peasy supper tonight; fish'n'chips. The boys didn't eat much; therefore there were no Halloween treats to be had. I decided they can take one treat to Alana's house for during the day, and they can have one after supper if they eat a decent meal. Hopefully I will stick to my guns. We'll see.

I watched most of ER and a bit of Earl while I did a couple things on the computer including my new blog header and background. Now it's elevenish and I am in need of more sleep. I can hear Cooper coughing again so I hope he has a good night. Usually whenever I'm finally ready for bed someone else is about to get up and party...

1 Comments:

Blogger *~*Jill*~* said...

GORGEOUS new header :)

I hope Mr. Coop feels better tonight ~Hugs~

Friday, November 02, 2007 4:45:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home