Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Happy 2nd Birthday Cooper!

Wednesday...was a write-off. I started feeling worse on Tuesday afternoon. After coughing non-stop for a week and a half, my cold started moving north into my head. Ugh. Donna gave me some Sinutab which helped a bit but I still felt all stuffed up and wonky. Chris stayed late at work to work on something on his truck and when he came home I was already flaked out on the couch and went straight to bed before eight.

I stayed home from work yesterday and slept almost the entire morning, except for when the phone rang. But I was able to zonk out again. My cough has loosened up quite a bit; though I won't go into a lot of detail of what that entails. (Ewww.) I had some toast for lunch and went back to bed. Chris called to check up on me a couple times and the last time I stayed up and decided to finally watch one of the movies I rented on Monday. I rented Shrek the Third and I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. I watched Chuck and Larry. It was better than I expected and I did laugh out loud a few times. All the usual Adam Sandler cohorts were in the movie which was amusing as usual. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the movie put more of a positive spin on the gay community than a mockery of it. As for Shrek the Third, it's been in the DVD player every other minute of every day since it came home with me from the video store. A diversion from Ratatouille, at least.

I became mobile enough to make a yummy, hearth-warming supper. I still can't figure out why, but meatloaf is so popular in this house. Last time I made meatloaf I made two and froze one (yay me!) so I just boiled some potatoes and got Chris to mash them while I added cheese, butter and milk. I made a peppercorn gravy and nuked some kernel corn.

Carter has been going to sleep very early lately, especially when I can keep him from napping when we get home from the sitter's house. If only Cooper would do the same. I gather he takes a groovy nap, so he's still going strong until about nine each night. I went to bed early again and had a decent night's sleep.

This morning the boys got up with Chris, and to my delight he got some of the morning ritual underway; getting rid of the pee-filled pull-ups and getting them their first drinks of milk of the day. All that while I dreamily pressed snooze until I could snooze no more. Fortunately I still haven't had to do anything with my hair since I had it cut last week (though I figure I'll need to wash it tomorrow), so I got ready fairly quickly. I bathed and fed the boys their current favourite breakfast of cinnamon toast and we headed out shortly after.

At lunchtime I ran to Wal-Mart to pick up a few more things for Cooper's birthday. I totally forgot to get pull-ups and by the time I was at the till and looked at my list it was too late. The sweet cashier (my favourite one) told me to go get them but I really had to get moving to get Carter to school on time. That, and I still wanted to bring some cupcakes to the sitter's house for all the kids to celebrate Cooper's birthday. I made it. Whew. It was another quick, busy day at the office, and at the end of the day, Donna had to tell me it was time to go!

I picked up the boys and we came home. As soon as Chris came home I ran to the dollar store to pick up the wrapping paper I forgot to get earlier, to Safeway for the pull-ups I forgot to get earlier, and to the restaurant to pick up the pizza and breadsticks I ordered for supper.

I came home and was greeted cheerfully by the boys who were ready to chow down on pizza. They both picked the toppings off their pizza (and both boys love black olives!) and ate a couple breadsticks. I picked up some ginger ale so they could have some 'pop'. After we ate I quickly wrapped Cooper's present...a cute Little Tikes trike. He went crazy for it and never let go of it for a couple hours. I had also picked up a helium balloon set (comes with a tank, thirty balloons and ribbon). Now that was fun too! And no, I didn't inhale ANY helium. I inflated four balloons and I'm saving the rest of the tank for Monday when we have family over for cake.

Carter passed out about forty-five minutes ago, but Cooper is going STRONG. He must have had a killer nap today! Here is a small video clip of Cooper from when Chris was assembling his trike. We asked him to say "It's My Birthday" and he did. And it's damn cute. Also including a couple pictures below. He currently has a few battle wounds from tangling with the girls at the babysitter's house. He hits them, they scratch him. Yikes. He could do a Polysporin commercial these days.

See? Adorable. And here are the pictures:

Cooper copying big brother Carter
Making faces through the balloons

Carter's balloon-face

Cooper up-close and personal (and a bit squished)

Cooper's new ride (didn't get off this thing for at least two hours!)

A fun expression - I tried for a smile about fifty times!

Giggling and smiling (because I bribed him)

The dorky mom joining in on the balloon fun.

Showing off the candy he was bribed with. And still smiling.


Blogger Helen Hancock said...

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO! Your baby can't be 2!!!!!!!! What a sweet blog. I am in shock! Where has the time gone? HAPPY BIRTHDAY COOPER!!

Sunday, December 09, 2007 1:53:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home