Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, November 26, 2007

Decked Some Halls

Saturday night was my coworker and friend Sandi's 14th Annual Christmas Decorating Party. Smart girl...she invites a bunch of people over to put up all her Christmas decorations (and she has a squillion of them, including her tree!) Then when all the work is done, and not a moment sooner, she fills us with snacks and gives us all presents to take home. Sweet deal. A definite win-win, and a good time was had by all.

For supper I had made a meatloaf and some baby potatoes and corn. I told Carter we were eating Ratatouille for supper. He was quite intrigued, yet barely ate when supper came around.

Chris had a guy stop by to look at his Bronco, and the guy came back and bought it this evening. The driveway looks so empty. I'm sure Chris is really going to miss it! In the meantime he's ready to get the other truck on the road; just needs a safety and to register it.

Yesterday Carter decided to poop ON THE TOILET. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwww!It's about freaking time. I was getting so tired of (1) fighting with him (2) pleading with him (3) trying not to push him too hard so that he wouldn't avoid it just to be a rebel. Well, my patience paid off. He actually pooped a bit TWICE. He likes the reward option. He tried again a third time but was unproductive. As an added incentive, I told him he's allowed to say the word 'TURD' but only at home when he poops. Yeah, lame but he really giggled when he said it. And as another bonus I told him that if he has a clean, dry pull-up in the morning he gets another reward. Hasn't happened yet but he'll learn that trick soon enough. I think he was proud of himself with how proud of him that I was!

Today was a busy crazy day. I ran errands at each break and all through lunch hour. Our babysitter's son didn't go to school today, so I also needed to pick Carter up from school and take him back to her house and go back to work.

After work I zoomed home with the boys and served them lasagne and cheesy garlic breadsticks for supper. Chris came home and showered and Kelly picked me up for Bingo. The guy came to pick up the truck. We (ever so sadly) didn't win a thing at Bingo. We really had high hopes. But as per usual, we still had a good time.

I have had a cough these past couple days. If it weren't for the Fisherman's Friend cough drops, I'd have to take Buckley's. Buckley's is my next stop if this nagging cough won't go away soon. I'm off to do a sudoku or two and hit the sack.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

. . . can't wait to see 'em!!

Monday, November 26, 2007 10:25:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Hey girl. . . glad you loved the video.

HEY!!! There was a Buckley's commercial on our TV last week. Something like, "Tastes awful, but it works." Or something like that. Is it the same stuff???

Monday, November 26, 2007 11:27:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home